VHS to digital convertor.

Posted 24th Jun
Been on my todo list for a while now and have some free time coming up and no holiday destination to go to, so going to rip the old VHS home movies to the laptop.
There is quite a few on Amazon, so can any of you guys hint at what to go for and what would be the best software to clean up (I know it wont be HD quality but brighten/edit etc).
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
A lot of the cheap ones have a tendency to wash out colours so do check the output against the original.

The analogue video to HDMI converters apparently do a better job there, but HDMI capture boxes are more expensive.
Several similar threads on the same topic. Here's another one:

hotukdeals.com/dis…481
If the source video is VHS quality and probably not the best sound, you could try something very simple..... use your mobile phone! May get best results with TV set to cinema mode rather than vivid. Also, use a tripod to hold phone. Play with aspect ratio settings to maximise coverage. The video looks ok to me and you can easily edit on phones, then share. It's just the sound. It's a least in sync! But slightly tinny. Not sure you can get an external mic for a phone.
Cost = £0.
josephobrien200024/06/2020 14:11

If the source video is VHS quality and probably not the best sound, you …If the source video is VHS quality and probably not the best sound, you could try something very simple..... use your mobile phone! May get best results with TV set to cinema mode rather than vivid. Also, use a tripod to hold phone. Play with aspect ratio settings to maximise coverage. The video looks ok to me and you can easily edit on phones, then share. It's just the sound. It's a least in sync! But slightly tinny. Not sure you can get an external mic for a phone. Cost = £0.

'Its at least in sync' some converts lose the audio and video sync
Post a comment
@
    Text