VIA VT6421 help please !

3 replies
Found 15th Jun 2009
A long shot i know but has anyone got any experience of using one of these?

I've been using the same one for all my xbox related needs for months (years?) but yesterday i was in the process of flashing a drive when it stopped working properly.

Wouldn't do a full write after erasing (luckily i've got the drive key etc). It'd start and then stutter, and then come up write failed. Now when i attach a drive to it, it locks up the computer. Tried a different drive, different drivers and even a different pc but all lock up as soon as a drive is attached.

Tried booting to dos to use dosflash, but although i can see the card listed, when i try to flash using it i get "unsupported flash chip" messages.

If anyone can help i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
3 Comments

You got onboard SATA you can try

try different port

Are you doing on and off, xbox. in dosflash.

My 6421 is now showing in windows device manager as a 3249, what do you reckon has happened there? and will it still work the same on a 360?

Original Poster

strike;5496865

You got onboard SATA you can trytry different portAre you doing on and … You got onboard SATA you can trytry different portAre you doing on and off, xbox. in dosflash.

Yeah i'll try the onboard next i reckon. Tried different ports and yeah i'm power-cycling in dos.

Nightmare
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions