Viagogo cancelled my sale and wants me to pay a fee

Found 4th Apr 2017
Hi,

I am sorry, because this question is related to football, but I found a similar question on this site, so I suppose you guys might have a solution. Will appreciate every answer. I sold a legitimate ticket on Viagogo to the Slavia Prague X Sparta Prague game (played 4.4.2017). The ticked sold the 8.3, I uploaded the E-tickets right away, and I though this will go without any problems. Unfortunately, today I got this email:

"We are contacting you regarding your order 9799872 for SK Slavia Praha vs Sparta Prague on 2 April 2017.

As you could not provide the tickets for your sale 9799872, we have had to cancel this. In addition, you will be charged to cover the cost of finding replacement ticket(s) for your buyer. This will be deducted from your next payment.

Please remember that you will not be paid for this sale. In future, if you have issues confirming or fulfilling a sale, please always contact viagogo immediately.

Kind Regards,

Kenneth"

The thing is, I was also selling another ticket, which sold on another site, and it also sold on Viagogo the same night. So I had to cancel the order, and I received a similar email yersterday, with a pretty high fee, which I dont think is fair, but I admit that was my mistake of not reading the terms and conditions but I dont understand what happened with this sale.

Here I attach the screenshot of my confirmed payment for this ticket:

postimg.cz/ima…png

It is a confrmed payment from the oficial site, where the tickets for the game were being sold.

Here is a screenshot, which shows, that the tickets were uploaded:

postimg.cz/ima…png

As you can see, the ticket button is checked, which means the tickets were uploaded.

And here is the ticket, which can viewed on the website:

postimg.cz/ima…png

Compare it with this one:

postimg.cz/ima…png

Compare them and see, they are completely the same. If somebody is being scamed, then its me.

I wonder, what is the way, to prove Viagogo, the tickets were legit and get my money, without paying the fee they will give me ? If it is not possible, I wonder, how can I pay the fee then, and when ? I will contact Viagogo in 5 minutes about this, but I contacted them already yersterday, because of the first fine, which I mentioned in the second third paragraph, they still did not answer though. I can give them acess to my account, where the official ticket is purchased, so they can see, the one I sold is legit, or I dont have problems contacting the club to check the ticket. I will aprreciate every help thank you.
Community Updates
24 Comments
it is not illegal to resell football tickets in uk, certain clubs now allow this Everton is on if done through stubhub plus this was for a game outside the UK and on the foreign site.
I don't know about ticket reselling but if I was ever interested I'd of Googled and researched

Having done a quick search just now - why would anyone ever consider using Viagogo?

Just two links
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39340513
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4336730/Ticket-sale-site-Viagogo-dubbed-shady-MPs.html

and that would of been sufficient for me to not use them
If a ticket you have for sale on viagogo sells, you have 48 hours to confirm, if at this point you cancel, you get charged a cancelation fee £25 ish and the difference between the selling price and viagogo replacing them for the buyer.

You have to consider the buyer at this stage, they have seen your ticket, agreed with the purchase and have paid viagogo. They may have now arranged flights, accommodation etc.. Do you do deserve to be charged for the inconvenience, it is called the buyers guarantee.

By doing what you are doing, you are giving Viagogo a bad name, selling tickets you can't fulfil, regardless if you have sold them on a different site.
Edited by: "Chiptivo" 4th Apr 2017
deleted265520
Totally justified by the company as you pulled out despite someone purchasing them.
Chiptivo

If a ticket you have for sale on viagogo sells, you have 48 hours to … If a ticket you have for sale on viagogo sells, you have 48 hours to confirm, if at this point you cancel, you get charged a cancelation fee £25 ish and the difference between the selling price and viagogo replacing them for the buyer. You have to consider the buyer at this stage, they have seen your ticket, agreed with the purchase and have paid viagogo. They may have now arranged flights, accommodation etc.. Do you do deserve to be charged for the inconvenience, it is called the buyers guarantee. By doing what you are doing, you are giving Viagogo a bad name, selling tickets you can't fulfil, regardless if you have sold them on a different site.

​Doesn't make sense he agrees about the ticket he didn't sell put the one he's sold why are they saying.its not sold when he has upload the ticket number after purchase or have I misunderstood the op.
dtovey89

Totally justified by the company as you pulled out despite someone … Totally justified by the company as you pulled out despite someone purchasing them.

​Doesn't make sense he agrees about the ticket he didn't sell put the one he's sold why are they saying.its not sold when he has upload the ticket number after purchase or have I misread the question it's like 2 questions in 1.
Am I right...

ticket #1: ticket was for sale, ticket was sold, ticket was paid for, ticket was uploaded to viagogo, buyer received the ticket, buyer complains go viagogo that there was no ticket (?), viagogo charge you the cost of a replacement ticket??

ticket #2: ticket was for sale, ticket was sold, ticket was paid for, you couldn't fulfil the sale, you refund buyer, viagogo charge you £25 fee or whatever.

If you deal with that sort of site you deserve everything you get.
> Face value: 200Kc
> OP's price: 400Kc

Maybe it's all just karma giving a ticket scalper the kicking he deserves.
Chiptivo

If a ticket you have for sale on viagogo sells, you have 48 hours to … If a ticket you have for sale on viagogo sells, you have 48 hours to confirm, if at this point you cancel, you get charged a cancelation fee £25 ish and the difference between the selling price and viagogo replacing them for the buyer. You have to consider the buyer at this stage, they have seen your ticket, agreed with the purchase and have paid viagogo. They may have now arranged flights, accommodation etc.. Do you do deserve to be charged for the inconvenience, it is called the buyers guarantee. By doing what you are doing, you are giving Viagogo a bad name, selling tickets you can't fulfil, regardless if you have sold them on a different site.

I know, but as I meantioned, I agree with this fine. I just want to know how to pay it. But I dont agree with the fine for the second ticket, because it was a legit ticket uploaded, and I need to know how to prove it.
sicklysweet

Am I right...ticket #1: ticket was for sale, ticket was sold, ticket was … Am I right...ticket #1: ticket was for sale, ticket was sold, ticket was paid for, ticket was uploaded to viagogo, buyer received the ticket, buyer complains go viagogo that there was no ticket (?), viagogo charge you the cost of a replacement ticket??ticket #2: ticket was for sale, ticket was sold, ticket was paid for, you couldn't fulfil the sale, you refund buyer, viagogo charge you £25 fee or whatever.

Exactly, I need to prove Viagogo the first ticket was legit. For the second, I agree with the fine, and I also cancelled the sale in like 12 hours, so I gave the buyer enough time to purchase another ticket. I also need to know, how to pay the fine, because viagogos service did not mention that.
jaroslavprosv

I know, but as I meantioned, I agree with this fine. I just want to know … I know, but as I meantioned, I agree with this fine. I just want to know how to pay it. But I dont agree with the fine for the second ticket, because it was a legit ticket uploaded, and I need to know how to prove it.

They deduct it from your future sale. If you haven't got a future sale they take it from the card you had to put on file when listing.
Chiptivo

They deduct it from your future sale. If you haven't got a future sale … They deduct it from your future sale. If you haven't got a future sale they take it from the card you had to put on file when listing.

Thx, but when will they take it ?What if I remove the card and delete the account
jaroslavprosv

Thx, but when will they take it ?What if I remove the card and delete the … Thx, but when will they take it ?What if I remove the card and delete the account

So you agree with the fine but want to get out of paying it?
miikeyblue

So you agree with the fine but want to get out of paying it?

I agree with fine,and I want to pay it. The question was just because I dont want to have my credit card on that side anymore, but i dont want to get trouble if I remove it. Viagogo did not repply to my email on how to pay the fine.
I put up a listing and took it down within less than 1 hour now they have charged me £132,£131,£400 and attempted to take an additional £70 out of my bank. However they had already given me my tickets and this was a month after the purchase. Therefore they are scam artists who I'm fighting for considering in the last month I've had a least £700 taken from me without concent( this includes hidden fees) I now have no money to my name. And I've had to cancel my bank card because the fraud team believe they would have kept taking random amounts out of my bank. The customer service is disgusting and no help.
Meja21 m ago

I put up a listing and took it down within less than 1 hour now they have …I put up a listing and took it down within less than 1 hour now they have charged me £132,£131,£400 and attempted to take an additional £70 out of my bank. However they had already given me my tickets and this was a month after the purchase.

This makes no sense, you put up a listing and took it down.
They have already given you the tickets.

What tickets?

Sounds like you maybe the scam artist here?
I accidently clicked a button on my account that cancelled my sold tickets. I cant get hold of anyone at viagogo, emails, phone call doesn't let you talk to anyone.
I have the confirmation email but when I go on to the sold section of my account there is nothing there. I don't know what do to.
Any ideas?
lauras041 h, 14 m ago

I accidently clicked a button on my account that cancelled my sold …I accidently clicked a button on my account that cancelled my sold tickets. I cant get hold of anyone at viagogo, emails, phone call doesn't let you talk to anyone. I have the confirmation email but when I go on to the sold section of my account there is nothing there. I don't know what do to.Any ideas?

Hi

Expect to receive an email in the next week or so informing you of the charges to provide alternative tickets for your buyer.

To people following the thread, this is an example where viagogo do wonders for the buyers (that are the apparent moaners).So, if (in this case) a seller advertises and sells tickets, then decides they want to cancel the sale (Most of the time this is because tickets are selling for more, and they can get a larger price) Then as per the T&C's the seller is charged a FEE, and the difference between his/her tickets and the next suitable replacements for the buyer.

This policy, which is very clear for sellers, is to stop people pulling out of sales when the prices go up.
You say you "clicked a button on my account that cancelled my sold tickets" . Well, without being difficult, this is very tricky to do, you get two warnings before the final click.

In situations like this you have to feel sorry for the buyer who has paid or these tickets and is expecting them, viagogo have this policy to protect them from acusations of pulling out of sales. The buyer will know nothing different, it is viagogo that step in and find suitable tickets and charge you the difference + fee.

It is only fair.
lauras04

I accidently clicked a button on my account that cancelled my sold … I accidently clicked a button on my account that cancelled my sold tickets. I cant get hold of anyone at viagogo, emails, phone call doesn't let you talk to anyone. I have the confirmation email but when I go on to the sold section of my account there is nothing there. I don't know what do to.Any ideas?

I've had exactly the same problem last night! I received an email from them saying I was due to ship the tickets by Friday however I hadn't received the tickets yet from the box office. All I wanted to do was inform them that there is a delay on me sending the tickets. Since their website is so useless the only option I could see was to tick the same box as you. 'Report a problem'. I didn't for 1 minute think this would cancel the whole sale! These are expensive Adele tickets which I've sold and don't have the money to fork out to Viagogo. They are impossible to get hold of! Does anyone have a phone number that actually lets you speak to someone???
Darreng872 h, 8 m ago

I've had exactly the same problem last night! I received an email from …I've had exactly the same problem last night! I received an email from them saying I was due to ship the tickets by Friday however I hadn't received the tickets yet from the box office. All I wanted to do was inform them that there is a delay on me sending the tickets. Since their website is so useless the only option I could see was to tick the same box as you. 'Report a problem'. I didn't for 1 minute think this would cancel the whole sale! These are expensive Adele tickets which I've sold and don't have the money to fork out to Viagogo. They are impossible to get hold of! Does anyone have a phone number that actually lets you speak to someone???

Your tickets WILL arrive before Friday for you to arrange to be collected for your buyer. Well done on the sale and enjoy the profit.
I sold some greenday tickets a couple of month back through viagogo and I have been told to send them by the 26th which is 4 days away but the tickets have not arrived yet from seetickets what do I do as I don't want to be charged when it's not my fault
redegan824 h, 53 m ago

I sold some greenday tickets a couple of month back through viagogo and I …I sold some greenday tickets a couple of month back through viagogo and I have been told to send them by the 26th which is 4 days away but the tickets have not arrived yet from seetickets what do I do as I don't want to be charged when it's not my fault

If you log into see tickets, there is an option to see how their dispatch operation is going. They will be dispatched in time, just be ready to arrange the FREE UPS collection.
Well done on using Viagogo and helping others get the tickets they want.
Chiptivo

If you log into see tickets, there is an option to see how their dispatch … If you log into see tickets, there is an option to see how their dispatch operation is going. They will be dispatched in time, just be ready to arrange the FREE UPS collection. Well done on using Viagogo and helping others get the tickets they want.

thanx for the reply it says tickets will be despatched once they receive so I went on live chat and they told me all tickets getting sent out today and should be here before Wednesday but I need to send Monday so I'm wondering if i arrange collection through viagogo link for Monday and rearrange for Tuesday if they don't arrive Monday not sure if I can do this though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants