Groups

Viagogo Help!!

Hello I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on this issue I have.

I bought two tickets for Drake in Amsterdam for 22nd Jan on Viagogo. A day later, Drake decided to reschedule the event till the 28th. I was not offered a refund as this event wasn't cancelled but moved.

Anyway I managed to resell the tickets on viagogo and uploaded the etickets as asked through email.

The concert was tonight and I have received an email saying:

Unfortunately we have had to cancel your sale 8771850 of your Drake tickets.

You no longer need to deliver or drop off the tickets and you can disregard any previous communication received regarding this sale.

As part of our listing guarantee, should the sale not be fulfilled

Can anybody let me know why this has been cancelled. I've paid £140 for the tickets but have received no funds from the resale. The information was correct. There's no info on my account on Viagogo and there's no email or contact numbers and I'm having no luck on twitter.
    What are my rights here? Surely if the tickets aren't genuine or problems related to the tickets this has to be referred back to the original seller not myself. I've sold the tickets exactly as I received them.

17 Comments

Have you tried calling them? Am sure what they have done is in their t&cs somewhere. Whatever the answer is I'm sure you'll be the one to lose out on afraid as these sites are loaded on their side and you have very little come back

I listed 2 tickets on stubhub before but didn't have the exact price of the tickets right. I was advised after the event that the buyer could request and have a full-time refund on that basis alone even though they'd attended. Luckily they didn't but I haven't gone near the resellers since

Original Poster

jdpwest

Have you tried calling them? Am sure what they have done is in their t&cs … Have you tried calling them? Am sure what they have done is in their t&cs somewhere. Whatever the answer is I'm sure you'll be the one to lose out on afraid as these sites are loaded on their side and you have very little come back I listed 2 tickets on stubhub before but didn't have the exact price of the tickets right. I was advised after the event that the buyer could request and have a full-time refund on that basis alone even though they'd attended. Luckily they didn't but I haven't gone near the resellers since

I've tried to call but sit waiting for 20+ minutes and give up. My listing was exactly as listed on the etickets I received including the original face value. I'm having no luck at all

Ok so you did upload the tickets on the viagogo website right? If the cancellation email from viagogo is not clear you'll have to contact them to get a clear answer no way out of it.
    Hope it gets sorted
    Edited by: "dush_yant" 28th Jan

Original Poster

dush_yant

Ok so you did upload the tickets on the viagogo website right? If the … Ok so you did upload the tickets on the viagogo website right? If the cancellation email from viagogo is not clear you'll have to contact them to get a clear answer no way out of it. Hope it gets sorted

Yeah all uploaded within 10 minutes of receiving email to say they'd been sold. Logged on and it said everything is sorted, just wait for payment

Ticketmaster offered a refund because of the rescheduling. So maybe the original seller claimed the refund and your buyer was refused entry because their tickets didn't check out?

I'd go with the same answer, original buyer has had the refund, thus tickets cancelled. You should persue your claim from who you bought them off!

Original Poster

stevemack

I'd go with the same answer, original buyer has had the refund, thus … I'd go with the same answer, original buyer has had the refund, thus tickets cancelled. You should persue your claim from who you bought them off!

Thanks a lot. Never thought of this.
    Do you have any idea of how to get in touch with the seller I bought them off? Viagogo don't share any details. I think if I explain this to Viagogo this should work

Original Poster

dush_yant

Ticketmaster offered a refund because of the rescheduling. So maybe the … Ticketmaster offered a refund because of the rescheduling. So maybe the original seller claimed the refund and your buyer was refused entry because their tickets didn't check out?

Never thought of this. Surely I'm protected for this? Do you have any info which shows people were able to claim a refund for the rescheduling

Here ziggodome.nl/en/…ata and here http://www.ticketmaster.nl/help/rescheduled/index.en-us.html?language=en-us

You need to find out *first* why exactly Viagogo cancelled your sale before you raise a claim against the original seller
    Edited by: "dush_yant" 28th Jan

dush_yant

Ticketmaster offered a refund because of the rescheduling. So maybe the … Ticketmaster offered a refund because of the rescheduling. So maybe the original seller claimed the refund and your buyer was refused entry because their tickets didn't check out?

​and has the other buy contacted u to say they have got scammed or not as if they haven't been able to go they will probably be angry aswell.

Original Poster

MynameisM

​and has the other buy contacted u to say they have got scammed or not as … ​and has the other buy contacted u to say they have got scammed or not as if they haven't been able to go they will probably be angry aswell.

Viagogo doesn't have any options for you to contact sellers directly and doesn't provide any information from who you've bought it from.

Original Poster

dush_yant

Here … Here https://www.ziggodome.nl/en/article/521/drake-ziggo-dome-concerten-worden-verplaatst-naar-nieuwe-data and here http://www.ticketmaster.nl/help/rescheduled/index.en-us.html?language=en-usYou need to find out *first* why exactly Viagogo cancelled your sale before you raise a claim against the original seller

Will do, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
    I don't know what you mean about raising a claim against original seller. Would I do this through Viagogo? It seems like the biggest trouble will be trying to get in touch with Viagogo

Viagogo are a nightmare. I had problems with them so took to twitter with it all. Low and behold they pulled their finger out. Tweet it

jonnytnufc

Will do, thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I don't know what you … Will do, thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I don't know what you mean about raising a claim against original seller. Would I do this through Viagogo? It seems like the biggest trouble will be trying to get in touch with Viagogo

Read viagogo's terms and conditions section 2.15. And you only have 48 hours to submit a Dispute Claim Form

Original Poster

Rang Viagogo this morning, was told once you've bought the tickets and resold them it's your responsibility and the sale has been cancelled as the buyer wasn't able to get into the event.
    I explained that the original buyer has obviously claimed a refund therefore I have been sold invalid tickets so surely I can claim. They said they will investigate this and call me back, doesn't look very promising.

jonnytnufc

Rang Viagogo this morning, was told once you've bought the tickets and … Rang Viagogo this morning, was told once you've bought the tickets and resold them it's your responsibility and the sale has been cancelled as the buyer wasn't able to get into the event. I explained that the original buyer has obviously claimed a refund therefore I have been sold invalid tickets so surely I can claim. They said they will investigate this and call me back, doesn't look very promising.

I would say if you don't hear from viagogo by tomorrow make a claim against the original transaction anyway because you only have 48 hours from the event start time to open a claim.

Original Poster

Update:
    Received phone call back from Viagogo who have investigated this issue and authorised for me to be paid for my sale. Should receive money in a few days.
    Thanks for the help!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?59
      2. Samsung Galaxy S666
      3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2636
      4. Family Spotify account21

See more discussions