Found 11th Aug 2009
Anybody use this?

Just got the c905 and have tried out the video calling with my gf.
It's pretty cool and she says my pic is clear.
I can see her ok BUT she cant see me unless i turn the phone round. So if i do this, i cant see her????
This kinda defeats the object.
Am i being stupid or something?
When in a video call, i have tried all the options but can't see a way for her to see me and me to see her at the same time??

Ive looked in the instruction manual and it just says "You can share experiences with friends and family as they happen or save them and share later. You see the person you are talking to on your screen. The other person sees what is on your main camera."!!!

It sounds like i wont be able to see her while she sees me but this seems a bit strange?

Anybody got any ideas or used this?

Cheers

11 Comments

Does it have a second camera? That might not be that clear. If you do should be in the options where it says secondary camera or similar.

Not all 3g phone have video calling. I don't think there is a front facing camera in 905...

Original Poster

There is a small circle in the bar at the top of the phone which i presumed was the camera but i dont know??
There is nothing in the options about a 2nd camera when in a video call?

EDIT* Ive just found out that the small circle is a light sensor!!!!!

Original Poster

Was really hoping to use this as it is included as part of my inclusive minutes and is just the same as a normal call (which i was surprised at), but if i cant see my gf then theres not much point.

Put a mirror in front of your phone, with a bit jiggling you should get a reasonable reflection. Not ideal but better than nothing. . .

dcx_badass;5990315

I'm pretty sure the c905 has a front camera.

i does look like it has one but according to ]this it doesn't

It doesn't I found out.

Original Poster

jambo1082;5990387

i does look like it has one but according to ]this it doesn't

Well thats that then

Gutted!
How stupid though. Just defeats the object IMO.

Thanks for the help guys.
Repped.

just had a thought, how about a ]tv out cable you would need to be at home or somewhere with a tv but im sure it would work

magough;5990435

Well thats that then :(Gutted!How stupid though. Just defeats the object … Well thats that then :(Gutted!How stupid though. Just defeats the object IMO.Thanks for the help guys.Repped.

Seems odd that they've sold you a video calling plan but given you a none video calling phone !

Original Poster

jambo1082;5990489

just had a thought, how about a ]tv out cable you would need to be at … just had a thought, how about a ]tv out cable you would need to be at home or somewhere with a tv but im sure it would work

Yeh not really ideal

Well its not a non video calling phone cos i can be seen but only by the camera on the back of the phone. So when my gf sees me, i cant see her n vice versa
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Google maps on Plusnet11
    2. Psn subscription11
    3. Is this expensive?712
    4. I posted a deal that has been removed511

See more discussions