Groups
    EXPIRED

Video card with HDMI & S-video output

Hi guys,

Looking for a decent video card with HDMI *and* S-video output that can play the latest games.

Don't want to spend more than £100, but the cheaper the better!

Thanks,
    Steve

3 Comments

I've been looking at this as well as I want one too.
    ATI X1600 seems to be the cheapest at £50ish if you look, X800 at £65+, X1650 at £75 all HDMI capable, not all necessarily with a HDMI port and you might require a DVI to HDMI converter or DVI to HDMI cable.

I have the X1600 with DVI & S-Vid - you can get a converter easy enough for DVI to HDMI. Superb, even if the Sapphire one I have is a tad noisy.

Not sure if you will get one with a dedicated HDMI port, you will probably need a converter which are easy to buy. This one here is the fastest card you will get close to £100 and it is HDCP enabled so you can even watch scrambled satellite content if you want to.
    Sapphire X1950Pro 256MB 256bit GDDR3 Dual DVI TVO HDCP PCI-E £108 delivered
    ebuyer.com/cus…203

Or for less get the X1650pro, obviously not as powerful as the above card but it is a decent performer and cheaper on the old wallet.

Here is a list with the 256mb and the 512mb, personally I would not touch the 512mb as the card is not powerful enough to benefit the extra memory.
    ebuyer.com/cus…=48

Also your other option would be the 7600gt, about the same speed as the X1650pro but I can't seem to find one that is HDCP. If your not bothered about HDCP then just get one with DVI out and again buy a converter.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Uncharted - The Lost Legacy runtime?11
      2. Best roaming data PAYG for USA11
      3. Sky broadband cancel notice period.22
      4. Car MOT77

See more discussions