Groups

video editing

hi, im a video editing noob & just wondering what you guys use in terms of free video editing software.
    I have googled and i see there is quite a wide choice but just want a recommendation for a basic one, nothing fancy as i dont know what im doing lol
    i took some family video footage and basically left the camera recording for another 5 mins after i thought id finished.. need to trim it down at least
    thanks

8 Comments

dcx_badass;5807540

Use Windows Movie Maker. I use Premiere Pro CS4 but that's not free...

ditto.

Banned

dcx_badass;5807540

Use Windows Movie Maker. I use Premiere Pro CS4 but that's not free...

LOL..... Liar!

agreed, movie maker will work just to trim 5 mins off the end easy enough, I use sony vegas & after effects, but again that aint free.

interested, what you guys do that require the likes of premiere?

Original Poster

my file is a mov. file and i need to change it before i can import to windows movie maker though...

MinstrelMan;5808049

interested, where did you learn after effects from?

MinstrelMan;5808049

Short films... I recently edited a short music video! Check it out here.... youtube.com/wat…Q-E

Issue One;5808289

Short films... I recently edited a short music video! Check it out … Short films... I recently edited a short music video! Check it out here.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnk3DK1eQ-E

Thats cool, cant hear it on this end, studio pc doesnt have speakers :roll: but very good work :thumbsup:

mr.potato_head;5808244

interested, where did you learn after effects from?

got a few books off amazon a while back as well as trying out a lot of the tutorials on [url]www.VideoCopilot.net[/url] and [url]www.AETuts.com/www.CreativeCow.net[/url]

dcx_badass;5808061

Green Screen.

Hows that for keying out? not something i've tried outside of after effects, keylight 1.2 makes things very easy as can be seen in this example: youtube.com/wat…1Oo
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. When Broadband Contracts End, Does The Price Increase Significantly, If You…12
      2. Using delete and back keys on updated Hotukdeals website.22
      3. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?34
      4. Photobook for up to 400 photos?23

See more discussions