Groups

Video format & personal collection advice

Just after a general opinion on this.

OK, so I am a geek and like to collect football matches. I record them on my Topfield box then edit them using various software and store onto DVD, creating menus along the way. Unsure why I do this, but its a little geek hobby I have!!

So as technology has progressed and physical space is become important (another 1000 disc case is out of the question!!!) I am considering converting the original .rec files to .avi's then simply storing these on a hd.

My concern is that from the original .rec file to avi will there be an quality loss. If I decide at a later date to back to hard copy (DVD) would there be further resolution loss from .avi to DVD?

I suppose only way to find out is to try it but just after a general opinion. With the WC on at the mo the toppy is working hard and would like to know if theres a similar person who does same sort of thing.

Cheers

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2222
      2. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…33
      3. Win a Dyson Hot and Cool Link Purifier worth £499 (one prize) @ Tesco Baby …44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64567

See more discussions