Video-game plagiarism at it's finest....

I thought this might be of interest/amusement to some of the the video-gamers on here.

Story from THE REGISTER today :

reghardware.co.uk/200…ga/

Further info and more comparison screen-shots here :

forum.gamesradar.com/vie…121

I'm not really sure how the "designers" of this new game expected to get away with it.

They're either really dumb or they've got balls of steel (and are also really dumb).

Gave me a good chuckle anyway....

17 Comments

Banned

2nd link screenshots does

Banned

HAHAHAHAHA reghardware link doesn't work though, Microsoft springs to mind and well as history shows they got away with it

Original Poster

Oops, soz, first link edited and now working.

Banned

that game is an epic fail, would buy it but £22+
http://kuvaton.com/kuvei/kuvaaja4.jpg

Some are very similar but the bridge in painkiller is pretty much identical - i mean they could have at least changed the colour of the bridge or something

Banned

Gentlemen of the moment, ever seen them on crimewatch?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/images/paper/PD1403578_l.jpg

how can they get away with this? :shock:

By doing this the game is likely to get snapped up and gain a cult status due to its nature of being a mish mash of plagarism

All they had to do was make it different now those three chaps will get sued when the game gets pulled from the shelves.

Gamespot had this article a few days ago.

harlzter;2342158

By doing this the game is likely to get snapped up and gain a cult status … By doing this the game is likely to get snapped up and gain a cult status due to its nature of being a mish mash of plagarism

Yeah, if someone did this sort of thing with permission it would be a big hit.

Original Poster

"Gamespot had this article a few days ago."

And your point is ?

martin_909;2349759

"Gamespot had this article a few days ago."And your point is ?

Oh... lemme spell it out for you:

O-L-D

sits69;2352479

Oh... lemme spell it out for you:O-L-D

As i dont use gamespot this is new news to me or was when it came up. It may be old to you, but not for others:thumbsup:

phatboy123;2342156

how can they get away with this? :shock:

Well they haven't, the publisher has pulled it off the shelves - I think the developer is going to have a tought time proving it's their own work. While there can be some similarities in games those screenshots are not just similar, they've clearly copied it entirely. It was a pretty bad idea to use major games such as Unreal, Oblivion as they'd have a better chance of not being caught if they used some lesser known games.

As for Gamespot having it a few days ago, I don't read their rather garish site so this was certainly interesting news to me.

John

Original Poster

sits69;2352479

Oh... lemme spell it out for you:O-L-D

So I guess you assume that every gamer on HotUKdeals checks out Gamespot news articles on a daily basis ?

Purrleease ! I know I don't.

The REGISTER story was the first I heard about it, and after searching here (and finding no topics about it ) I posted a story that I thought would interest/amuse some of the gamers on here that weren't aware of it.

Is that ok ?

I look forward to your reply (that will probably never come....)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
    2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
    3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
    4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions