Video gamers to play for 'real' in real time driving races!

Banned
Looks promising.

Demo to download at the bottom of link

Gamers could be joining in a real televised sporting event from their homes early in 2010.

Real Time Race has been developing a system that places players side-by-side with the drivers in real races.

The firm's technology would map the circuit just before the race so the virtual track would match up to the one on TV.

The video recording of the track would then be manipulated by the gamer during live coverage.

8 Comments

Original Poster Banned

watch BBC CLICK tv prog this weekend to see how they created the 3d 'real' track images. Its quite amazing

Looks fantastic.

Voted hot!

Nice idea,

BUT, that is the worst game I have ever played!!! The graphics are appaling, would be better with computer graphics and real time updating of real racers positions.

The handling etc sucked too!

This reminds me of the game geek who won a national competition by racing others in a video game. The prize was a chance to drive a Subaru rally car which he promptly crashed on the first outing - unfortunately there is no re-set button in real life......

Original Poster Banned

Benjimoron;6746462

Nice idea, BUT, that is the worst game I have ever played!!! The graphics … Nice idea, BUT, that is the worst game I have ever played!!! The graphics are appaling, would be better with computer graphics and real time updating of real racers positions.The handling etc sucked too!

its only a tech demo playing on a pc. it will be comepltely different once into production.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3335656
    2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30120
    3. BioShock 10th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Announced.11
    4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1741

See more discussions