Groups

VIDZONE ON PS3

ANYBODY ELSE DOWNLOADED VIDZONE? IT'S AWESOME!
    Was just wondering though, does streaming the videos extract from your download allowance (ie; mine is 2 gig with BT) or is that only if you download the video to the console?

Cheers guys.

5 Comments

I've tried it, the quality is pretty good but it's sluggish to search through and the selection is limited. If you're referring to a bandwidth cap with your service provider then the likes of Vidzone will use your allowance - your ISP doesn't care whether you are saving the data or simply streaming, it's still data downloaded.

John

Original Poster

Cheers John you may have saved me a small fortune! :oops:

harveymac;5678383

Cheers John you may have saved me a small fortune! :oops:

that said, my ISP have never done anything when i went over the limit. I download loads of stuff, perhaps over 10GB per month at a minimum. A while ago I rang up Orange to see if I could increase my speed (i hadnt changed it since they were freeserve). They put me on a better package (8mb) and told me they were increasing my download limit from 1GB to 4GB lol. I still download loads more and they've never done anything or charged me more the price of my package also halved and got a new wireless router!

emhaslam;5679331

that said, my ISP have never done anything when i went over the limit. I … that said, my ISP have never done anything when i went over the limit. I download loads of stuff, perhaps over 10GB per month at a minimum. A while ago I rang up Orange to see if I could increase my speed (i hadnt changed it since they were freeserve). They put me on a better package (8mb) and told me they were increasing my download limit from 1GB to 4GB lol. I still download loads more and they've never done anything or charged me more the price of my package also halved and got a new wireless router!

Orange aren't the cheapest but I've been with them since Freeserve too and have generally got better deals with time, tho you have to ask them to upgrade as they won't automatically. Very reliable and Orange Wednesday too (you can register a non-Orange phone with them if you're on a different network but have Orange broadband).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917265

See more discussions