EXPIRED

View videos from SD card on MacBook Pro

I'm new to Macs, is there a way to view videos from an SD card without having to import it first?

3 Comments

Just use Finder and that will open them in QuickTime.

Open Finder -> Select SD Card -> Double Click AVI file. QuickTime should play the movie.

If you can't see the SD card, do File->Open New Finder Window. The SD card should be listed under Devices.

If this doesn't work, because the movie format isn't recognised, try a third party player like VLC.

If you're still struggling, let me know and I'll try and help more.

Edited by: "Tony68k" 8th Dec 2014

Yeah why not. Pretty sure I've done it.
Do you have an sd card reader built in? It'll mount just like an external drive (and I've def played vids via usb), otherwise use a card reader and it'll behave in the same way. I prefer to copy locally as in built ssd is faster

Original Poster

Tony68k

Just use Finder and that will open them in QuickTime.Open Finder - … Just use Finder and that will open them in QuickTime.Open Finder -> Select SD Card -> Double Click AVI file. QuickTime should play the movie.If you can't see the SD card, do File->Open New Finder Window. The SD card should be listed under Devices.If this doesn't work, because the movie format isn't recognised, try a third party player like VLC.If you're still struggling, let me know and I'll try and help more.

Thanks it worked
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Laser eye surgery33
    2. Selling advice33
    3. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)711
    4. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment33

See more discussions