Groups

Vii console(not a typo)

play.tm/sto…527

"Vii" console launches in China

Local manufacturers launch Wii 'rival'

The Wii console might not be on mass sale in China, but that hasn't meant gamers in the People's Republic can't get their hands on the motion-control revolution, local hardware makers conspiring to release the 'Vii' console.

The shameless Wii rip-off borrows not only the aesthetics of Nintendo's seminal machine, but also includes a take-off of the Wiimote motion controller. While the system appears to include gesture-based control, the games look to be rather less sophisticated than Ninty's own creations.

Whether the new console really works as well as the Wii remains to be seen, and we've no word on how much the 'Vii' costs. We also don't know if Nintendo have any legal recourse in China, famed for its lax 'IP' protection laws, despite the brazen nature of this copyright thievery.

8 Comments

Lol! !

I thought this was some windup based on the console tool Vi...

John

The games look terrible!

The Wii wasn't the first.

The Wii actually copied something similar which has been out in the US for ages.

mmcg

The Wii wasn't the first.The Wii actually copied something similar which … The Wii wasn't the first.The Wii actually copied something similar which has been out in the US for ages.

explain?

Lol, Vii.

Sounds better than Wii.

Banned

mmcg

The Wii wasn't the first.The Wii actually copied something similar which … The Wii wasn't the first.The Wii actually copied something similar which has been out in the US for ages.

Dunno what you refer to in this specific case - but so many things on the market by big companies are rip offs. Apple's iPods for example ripped from Creative.

engadget.com/pho…19/

LOL I cant believe they named a game Fried Egg lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs810
      2. word association Game73844475
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767217
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047101

See more discussions