Viking. Terrible online shopping experience ever.

Posted 19th Dec 2019
Terrible online shopping experience ever. I order with next day delivery and it was very important for my business to get it next day. So ... no delivery, no any massages but order is confirmed, money left my bank account. They said that maybe an error occurred because they did not see my order, they advised to try to order again. This was already strange, because I received an order confirmation for email. Ok, I ordered again. Everything repeated, there is no order, the money is gone a second time. I wrote customer service again, they was very rude! Finally answered: "could you please get into direct contact with our Accounts team via the following as the order is on a new customer audit". What a f ... ? Tell me what kind of online store does an audit of new users? Meanwhile, the money from my account was withdrawn 2 times. Then I email with this team. And you know what they asked for? Pay 3rd time by direct bank transfer. Quote from email: "Unfortunately, in this moment, for this orders we would require a bank transfer to be able to dispatch them. Please find listed below our bank details". Hello guys ... Give me back my money first. So 2 weeks have passed. No order, no money. I still see in my account "Order confirmed". Bravo!
Community Updates
18 Comments
Are you tamping?
Have you tried to speak to the Vikings or do you prefer strangers on the internet who aren't Vikings to give you advise?
666FU19/12/2019 10:03

Have you tried to speak to the Vikings or do you prefer strangers on the …Have you tried to speak to the Vikings or do you prefer strangers on the internet who aren't Vikings to give you advise?

I'm tired of writing in a viking. There is no solution to the problem from them. They do not send the order, do not return the money. It was written as a review of the company.
Why are you wrtiting to CS and not calling them?

Surely that would be faster and more productive?

I have looked at the web site and they dont seem to offer BT on it, cards, Paypal and credit, there is also no mention of new customer audits.

Are you 100% that you are on the Viking site and not some scam site that looks like Viking but isnt, where did you get the link from?
Edited by: "Peejay1234" 19th Dec 2019
"...Tell me what kind of online store does an audit of new users?..."

Two that I can recall immediately:
CD-Wow.com now Wow-HD.co.uk
CDKeys.com; I have failed their procedure twice. They've lost my business forever.

PS. Other suppliers of office products are available. You do not have to use Viking Direct.
OP, try Very.co.uk then you'll understand what poor customer service is.
deeky19/12/2019 11:08

OP, try Very.co.uk then you'll understand what poor customer service is.

I order from very.co.uk very often, no problems ))) But thank you for warning.
fanpages19/12/2019 11:03

"...Tell me what kind of online store does an audit of new users?..."Two …"...Tell me what kind of online store does an audit of new users?..."Two that I can recall immediately:CD-Wow.com now Wow-HD.co.ukCDKeys.com; I have failed their procedure twice. They've lost my business forever.PS. Other suppliers of office products are available. You do not have to use Viking Direct.

Yes, never again. But about 500£ is in the air.
Try taking it to Twitter, I find that tkaing things to social media often gets a quicker response, they dont want bad publisicity over it.

twitter.com/vik…hat

or FaceBook but I dont do that so cant link you to it.
@nadjagrigeloniene
Is it a good idea to be posting your personal details on here?
Peejay123419/12/2019 12:13

Try taking it to Twitter, I find that tkaing things to social media often …Try taking it to Twitter, I find that tkaing things to social media often gets a quicker response, they dont want bad publisicity over it.https://twitter.com/viking_chat or FaceBook but I dont do that so cant link you to it.

Yes I did, Thank you ))
fanpages19/12/2019 11:03

"...Tell me what kind of online store does an audit of new users?..."Two …"...Tell me what kind of online store does an audit of new users?..."Two that I can recall immediately:CD-Wow.com now Wow-HD.co.ukCDKeys.com; I have failed their procedure twice. They've lost my business forever.PS. Other suppliers of office products are available. You do not have to use Viking Direct.

nadjagrigeloniene19/12/2019 12:05

Yes, never again. But about 500£ is in the air.

I presume this was the original order value; not the one being described in the e-mail you posted an image of above (with your personal contact details within it).

Have you contacted your bank to check on the status of the first (& second) payment(s)?

EDIT: Unless you mean 2x£237.90 is rougly £500 "in the air".

That is not what the e-mail says to me. It says the (second) payment has not been taken at all.
Edited by: "fanpages" 19th Dec 2019
fruitella19/12/2019 12:22

@nadjagrigelonieneIs it a good idea to be posting your personal details on …@nadjagrigelonieneIs it a good idea to be posting your personal details on here?

Phsycronix19/12/2019 12:41

I would remove this, OP or at least edit out your private details.

As you can now see; I "reported" the comment & it has been removed.
I bought a printer from Viking Direct Years ago, on discovering a fault a new one was sent the next day and the faulty printer collected. Just a quick call.

The same company?
Gort195120/12/2019 12:51

I bought a printer from Viking Direct Years ago, on discovering a fault a …I bought a printer from Viking Direct Years ago, on discovering a fault a new one was sent the next day and the faulty printer collected. Just a quick call.The same company?

Depending on how many years ago your purchase/exchange took place, it may have been a different owner.

The Aurelius Group own them now (as of September 2016); not Office Depot Inc.

[ bloomberg.com/new…oup ]

[EDIT]: Oh... it may be more confusing than that...

[ aureliusinvest.com/en/…er/ ]

(7 November 2019)[/EDIT]
Edited by: "fanpages" 20th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions