village hotel payment ???

Found 17th Dec 2017
Hi booked a hotel for a family member that was posted here last month when the cyber Monday deal was on. And today when the guests I bought this for turned up I was rang by receptionist wanting payment. i wad made to pay again. Could of sworn I paid for it when I booked it all i know is over bamk holiday Monday lots of people here complaining that site was unusable slow. so I've just tried going to end of checkout again by making up a booking and it was saying at end "payment will be taken today" so why the hell did the reception women ring me up today in front of who I bought it for and make me look stupid?
Community Updates
AskTravel
9 Comments
Can you check your statement to see if you have already made the payment?
I made similar mistake at a hotel last year.. Was £150 to.. I was totally puzzled about why they were asking for the money on arrival. I paid and checked bank account. Turns out I never paid at time of booking.. Can't give you a answer because it's only happened once. Maybe its part of the offer? Maybe if you don't turn up then that's fine.. No idea to be honest
I'd check that with your bank statement, if you've gone through the process again and there was no other way around it then it sounds almost certain..

I get a lot of problems in work (I work in a reservations dep) and people book on the likes of booking.com and don't read the terms of the booking (bare in mind I've done the whole booking process myself and it shows at several different places about booking conditions.. ) I then get shouted at by people for taking money upfront (even though that's what they've agreed to) I also get shouted at by people because ''it's different at other hotels'' (cos you make up your own terms with BDC) and finally when you only take a security deposit as stated and then they claim they've paid the lot online (and shout at me) ~ annoyingggggggggggggggggg

What I'm suggesting is that you take a look back at your email confirmation and any print outs you may have had or alternatively log in to your account (or log in to your booking itinerary) and check over the small print.. some websites are worse than others for pointing things like that out.. personally I've never used village hotels.

Best of luck x
A family member had this with a hotel they booked via Last Minute, it was a Britannia Hotel, they ended up being charged twice and it took 3 months and lots of calls/emails to get the money back.
wayners15 h, 49 m ago

I made similar mistake at a hotel last year.. Was £150 to.. I was totally …I made similar mistake at a hotel last year.. Was £150 to.. I was totally puzzled about why they were asking for the money on arrival. I paid and checked bank account. Turns out I never paid at time of booking.. Can't give you a answer because it's only happened once. Maybe its part of the offer? Maybe if you don't turn up then that's fine.. No idea to be honest

Did you out your bank details in at time of booking? Because I did
bingebunny15 h, 7 m ago

I'd check that with your bank statement, if you've gone through the …I'd check that with your bank statement, if you've gone through the process again and there was no other way around it then it sounds almost certain.. I get a lot of problems in work (I work in a reservations dep) and people book on the likes of booking.com and don't read the terms of the booking (bare in mind I've done the whole booking process myself and it shows at several different places about booking conditions.. ) I then get shouted at by people for taking money upfront (even though that's what they've agreed to) I also get shouted at by people because ''it's different at other hotels'' (cos you make up your own terms with BDC) and finally when you only take a security deposit as stated and then they claim they've paid the lot online (and shout at me) ~ annoyingggggggggggggggggg What I'm suggesting is that you take a look back at your email confirmation and any print outs you may have had or alternatively log in to your account (or log in to your booking itinerary) and check over the small print.. some websites are worse than others for pointing things like that out.. personally I've never used village hotels.Best of luck x

Thanks for your reply this is what I found out. But still doesn't make sense 32799891-rhLzn.jpg
machomansavage37 m ago

Did you out your bank details in at time of booking? Because I did

We may have booked through the free membership thing online? These hotel club card things always give the best rates beating the online comparison deals. I really could not work it out why we never paid, however. nothing on bank statements or via email... Guess we booked but never paid....
Edited by: "wayners" 18th Dec 2017
machomansavage1 h, 37 m ago

Thanks for your reply this is what I found out. But still doesn't make …Thanks for your reply this is what I found out. But still doesn't make sense [Image]

What part of 'payment in full required at time of booking' didn't make sense?

My money is on the booking agent not paying the hotel

Just check your statement
Well it didn't come out when I made the booking on the 25.11.17 so I'm assuming I didn't pay on that date. Instead I had a call yesterday when they arrived asking for my long card number expiry and security code. Hopeless website the village hotel
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants