Vintage bike

Posted 26th Aug
Ladies Raleigh bike. Very old bit rusty. What would be a reasonable price to sale it at?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
What an absolutely impossible question to answer. Why on earth make a post like this without including a picture at least?
20 Comments
What an absolutely impossible question to answer. Why on earth make a post like this without including a picture at least?
I'll guess it could start with a £ sign
Someone may be able to spruce up the mechanicals with that government repair-a-bike £50 voucher if they have the patience.
What we do know is, used bikes are selling at ridiculously high prices at the moment.
A picture would help.
50p delivered ?
£15.99
My previous post got removed so I'm going to guess £3.50.
10p. Maybe more, but it's hard to tell without a pic.
£20
41760677-NPkjP.jpg
Edited by: "lougoodluck" 27th Aug
lougoodluck26/08/2020 18:57

[Image]

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said it was vintage- it looks like this Raleigh All Steel bike from 1938!

bellsbicycles.co.uk/blo…eel

It's a nice-looking bike; it looks like the sort of thing that could be worth something to people who are into vintage items. Perhaps you could contact the company I've linked to to see if they can give you any idea of its worth.
lougoodluck26/08/2020 18:57

[Image]

I don't know why you didn't just post that picture in the first place but anyway, just go on eBay and look at listings for similar vintage Raleigh bicycles and what they sold for. Then just take it from there whilst bearing in mind whatever the condition is of your bike.
give it away for free on gumtree
mutley126/08/2020 20:22

give it away for free on gumtree

Is this an attempt at humour or just genuine terrible advice?
Haircut_10026/08/2020 20:46

Is this an attempt at humour or just genuine terrible advice?

that is my suggestion, give it away on gumtree. no one can pretend to give advice on this forum, just ideas and suggestions.
Not sure what it would go for but as soon as you put Vintage in the description it can add ££. On EBay highest price is £700+ lowest is £17. Yours without sounding flippant will be somewhere in between .
Fix it up and take it to Cambridge on the train, hipsters there will be falling over themselves to give you cash for it.
Looks like a bike Margaret Rutherford would ride when playing Miss Marple. The rod brake definitely dates it and looks like a sturmey archer 3 speed hub at the rear with coaster brake. So almost no braking at the front (steel rims) and instant braking at the rear. If there are any Margaret Rutherford wannabees out there that is the bike for them.

41872832-oUfLk.jpg
I would say looking at similar deals online £80 - £200 depending on how well you present it.
Post a comment
@
    Text