Groups

Vinyl to C.D......how?

My friend has about 300 vinyl's to transfer to C.D. Complete technophobes...what does he need? And has anyone done it?

11 Comments

i think you can buy a usb turntable, my dad got one for xmas and transfered all his vinyl to his pc, not sure if thats the easiest or cheapest way.

probs need a pc with a sound card that you can plug into with the sound output from you're decks then record like that
    maybe take a look at this
    alpinesoft.co.uk/vin…spx

pink-ka

i think you can buy a usb turntable, my dad got one for xmas and … i think you can buy a usb turntable, my dad got one for xmas and transfered all his vinyl to his pc, not sure if thats the easiest or cheapest way.

+1

Dads got one too

Download them instead?

I've been transferring hundreds of UKG vinyls to WAV/mp3 over the last couple of years. I'm using a single Technics 1210 running to an amp. Going from line out on amp to line in on PC and using Audacity to record. Great results as long as you use a decent stylus and clean the record as much as possible.

Banned

pink-ka

i think you can buy a usb turntable, my dad got one for xmas and … i think you can buy a usb turntable, my dad got one for xmas and transfered all his vinyl to his pc, not sure if thats the easiest or cheapest way.

yes 100%

Goto Maplin, they have a reasonabley priced USB Turntable

You can use something like this if you have an existing turntable setup, a headphone socket and a mic input on your pc/laptop.

Original Poster

Thanks all:)

Jumpingphil

Ask those people whos Dads have done it, if their turntables are for sale … Ask those people whos Dads have done it, if their turntables are for sale as once done, there is no need for the turntable.

Lol, the thousands of records dad has, cant see him ever finishing!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30123
      2. Spotify Family Premium share823
      3. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1616
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047171

See more discussions