Groups

VIP Status...

I wanna start calling dedicated HUKD'ers VIP's...

Whats do you think the criteria should be?

I'm going for...

1. Over 1000 posts.
    2. Full reputation bar.
    3. Over a year of "service".
    4. At least 1 hot deal over 100 degrees.

What do you think?

(PS: Flame wars begin?)

68 Comments

thats sounds good for me:-D:thumbsup:

Sounds A OK :-D

Banned

divisive:roll:, and personally I dont want to be called anything on here thanks.. members status is enough

re edited , gary good idea on the messenger thingy though but not for me

From a non VIP view, maybe a step too far....theres me thinking we were one big happy family

Mods and admin are enough surely? Don't see the need and agree with dogcop.

Great ideas otherwise though :thumbsup:

It wouldn't include me, so not worth the trouble to be honest.

cant't see why not, sounds a good enough idea to me...... but then you will always get the sarcastic remarks from some members....not sure why they bother to reply to some threads..........

Banned

sofiamary;1444428

cant't see why not, sounds a good enough idea to me...... but then you … cant't see why not, sounds a good enough idea to me...... but then you will always get the sarcastic remarks from some members....not sure why they bother to reply to some threads..........

becaue he asked the question and got a straight reply, and not spotted any bitter or wounding or ironical remarks so far.:roll:

not a good idea IMO

and im not saying cos i havent got 1000 posts yet lolol

yus786

divisive, and personally I dont want to be called anything on here thanks.. members status is enough. :roll:

Why DO you wanna start calling dedicated HUKD'ers VIP's?
    Not clear to me what the point would be except that you could tell whether they had a hot deal under the belt: the rest is just there already.
    I'm definitely not being sarcastic because I'm too new and inadequately flamey.:)

Banned

sofiamary;1444455

divisive, and personally I dont want to be called anything on here … divisive, and personally I dont want to be called anything on here thanks.. members status is enough. :roll:

perhaps you would like to check on the meaning of the word sarcastic , then get back to me, infact dont bother:roll:

dog_cop;1444471

perhaps you would like to check on the meaning of the word sarcastic , … perhaps you would like to check on the meaning of the word sarcastic , then get back to me, infact dont bother:roll:

who do you want to know what the word " sarcastic " means?

its not a good idea...its like your better than others....and your not.

Can't see any real purpose for it other than to make some people feel better than others, and some people feel lesser than others. If there was a good reason for VIP status, I'd suggest those people are too sensitive and should just get over it, but as there's no decent reason what's the point in risking upsetting any one?

Banned

dont know what on earth anyone would get from this, its not like you would be any more thought of than someone with 10000 posts, this place is here for the deals and to pay a wage, those that post mean nothing more than those who dont

Banned

Starlet;1444503

Can't see any real purpose for it other than to make some people feel … Can't see any real purpose for it other than to make some people feel better than others, and some people feel lesser than others. If there was a good reason for VIP status, I'd suggest those people are too sensitive and should just get over it, but as there's no decent reason what's the point in risking upsetting any one?

but some would love to see themselves better than others, and thats dangerous :roll:

Sounds a great Idea! Gives us all something to aspire to :whistling:

You could also arrange to have a medal posted to you on the achivement of this most prestigious status.

Well done you!:thumbsup:

i agree with starlet tbh, it will cause more grief than be beneficial

like the friends thing tho, will test it soon

Gary_Rip

I wanna start calling dedicated HUKD'ers VIP's...Whats do you think the … I wanna start calling dedicated HUKD'ers VIP's...Whats do you think the criteria should be?1. Over 1000 posts.2. Full reputation bar.3. Over a year of "service".4. At least 1 hot deal over 100 degrees.What do you think?

Would 'VIP's' have to qualify in ALL these catagories or 2, maybe 3 out of 4 as......
    1. There are 'spammers' that have been run down for doing nothing here other than having a laugh, some of whom can build 1,000 posts in a VERY short space of time....the quantity doesn't signify quality as I'm sure you'd agree.
    2. Again some people have said that the top section of the rep 'chart' is a joke & full of backslapping Misc & randomers...is it really the best way to gauge if a person is very important?
    3. There are members that have been so for over a year & have barely posted into double figures.
    4. So a member that posted 5 x 99 degree temp deals is less important than someone that posted 1 x 101 degree deal 11 months ago??!?

To be honest Gary, you've done tons to benefit this site, have helped a lot of people save money & made me smile with a stack of dry put-downs, but this is truly a joke of an idea.

Banned

VTB;1444542

Sounds a great Idea! Gives us all something to aspire to :whistling:You … Sounds a great Idea! Gives us all something to aspire to :whistling:You could also arrange to have a medal posted to you on the achivement of this most prestigious status.Well done you!:thumbsup:

VTB this is sarcasm at its best and take some rep from your effort it puts my statement to shame and perhaps someone ought to check your post against mine and spot the difference
    I was thinking about we could wear those badges like they have at Burger king with the stars on while we are sat at out computers ... happy days :-D

sofiamary;1444428

cant't see why not, sounds a good enough idea to me...... but then you … cant't see why not, sounds a good enough idea to me...... but then you will always get the sarcastic remarks from some members....not sure why they bother to reply to some threads..........

Have read dogcops post a few times and still can't see how it was sarcasm. :?

Gary_rip asked what peoples thoughts were and all we are doing as members, is giving our own PERSONAL opinion.

Banned

dog_cop;1444564

I was thinking about we could wear those badges like they have at Burger … I was thinking about we could wear those badges like they have at Burger king with the stars on while we are sat at out computers ... happy days :-D

im lurving it:-D

ok i'll get me coat,..............again:oops:

Banned

smithyp1;1444594

Have read dogcops post a few times and still can't see how it was … Have read dogcops post a few times and still can't see how it was sarcasm. :?Gary_rip asked what peoples thoughts were and all we are doing as members, is giving our own PERSONAL opinion.

cheers smithyP have some green love well with used to be green now is red and orange love :-D

dog_cop:
    I was thinking about we could wear those badges like they have at Burger king with the stars on while we are sat at out computers ... happy days

absolutely hilaaaarious nice one DC

what would be the point of VIP status anyway

dog_cop;1444564

VTB this is sarcasm at its best and take some rep from your effort it … VTB this is sarcasm at its best and take some rep from your effort it puts my statement to shame and perhaps someone ought to check your post against mine and spot the difference... happy days :-D

Thanks dog_cop, if we backslap each other enough that rep bar will be glowing before we know it, surely justifying our place in HDUK'S elite.

Just another 900+ posts to go. I'm going to be really busy this weekend :-D

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight, the excitement is just too much to take!

Gary, you are truly the oracle of HDUK. I think I can say on behalf on all us minions’ a big thank you for your guidance and wisdom.

Banned

ilovepink;1444609

dog_cop: I was thinking about we could wear those badges like they have … dog_cop: I was thinking about we could wear those badges like they have at Burger king with the stars on while we are sat at out computers ... happy days absolutely hilaaaarious nice one DCwhat would be the point of VIP status anyway

your that nice young lady from across the road, now get back in the warm before you catch your cold :-D

i know i know but your reply made me laugh so much my tea came outta me nose lol

Banned

ilovepink;1444628

i know i know but your reply made me laugh so much my tea came outta me … i know i know but your reply made me laugh so much my tea came outta me nose lol

woosah .... chill O pinkette.. less of the tea spilling antics

Banned

dog_cop;1444602

cheers smithyP have some green love well with used to be green now is … cheers smithyP have some green love well with used to be green now is red and orange love :-D

Sounds like a homosexual 'head boy' comment to me!!

Banned

VTB;1444621

Thanks dog_cop, if we backslap each other enough that rep bar will be … Thanks dog_cop, if we backslap each other enough that rep bar will be glowing before we know it, surely justifying our place in HDUK'S elite.Just another 900+ posts to go. I'm going to be really busy this weekend :-DI don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight, the excitement is just too much to take!Gary, you are truly the oracle of HDUK. I think I can say on behalf on all us minions’ a big thank you for your guidance and wisdom.

Top quote VTB, I like your style, thats the sort of enthusiasm we need here....have some more heat buddy

dog_cop;1444374

divisive

I agree with dog.....

Tobe honest I don't like the idea purely because it would develop into a kind of "them" and "us" situation. Sorry.

Pointless in my opinion, I'm sure we all have our own opinion of each other ie. ones we'd go for a drink with and others who we'd avoid - the ones who try and stir trouble in threads they have no real reason for posting in otherwise.

There are some genuine people on here I gauge I would get on with in "THE REAL WORLD" and there are some on an imaginary power trip.

Although the top members could merit some sort of badge like a blue peter one giving them exclusive discounts and free entry to theme parks and hey what about a free dunkin donut too!

Banned

harlzter;1444881

Although the top members could merit some sort of badge like a blue peter … Although the top members could merit some sort of badge like a blue peter one giving them exclusive discounts and free entry to theme parks and hey what about a free dunkin donut too!

does that include a free trip to the US to use the dukin donuts voucher?

So, what do you reckon then gary-rip, after seeing what replies there are so far?
    If it's just to qualify for your nice buddy thing, there's no need for the VIP status at all is there?:)
    Those who aren't buddies would still like, I would think, to have access to the on/off line info for the mods.It's excellent that you have these good ideas but it looks like the 'VIP' isn't one of them.

Banned

harlzter;1444881

Pointless in my opinion, I'm sure we all have our own opinion of each … Pointless in my opinion, I'm sure we all have our own opinion of each other ie. ones we'd go for a drink with and others who we'd avoid - the ones who try and stir trouble in threads they have no real reason for posting in otherwise. There are some genuine people on here I gauge I would get on with in "THE REAL WORLD" and there are some on an imaginary power trip.Although the top members could merit some sort of badge like a blue peter one giving them exclusive discounts and free entry to theme parks and hey what about a free dunkin donut too!

errrrmmmm wonder which one i fall into:w00t:

Banned

sassie;1444918

errrrmmmm wonder which one i fall into:w00t:

well if its like .. I fall into the dross catagory http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowroflwerd6.gif

Banned

dog_cop;1444939

well if its like .. I fall into the dross catagory

ermmmm you really can go off people, no matter how nice their eyes are:x:x

Mod wannabees = VIP's = Forum wars :x

Banned

sassie;1444947

ermmmm you really can go off people, no matter how nice their eyes are:x:x

you need a check up http://smiliesftw.com/x/coolsquint.gif
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions