Found 16th Mar 2009
got an email a few days ago saying everyone on 2mb is now going to 10mb for free.
NICE ONE!

hopefully in a few weeks.
sorry...deleted the mail so cant remember exactly when.

1. Misc
  2. Virgin
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Virgin
10 Comments

Yeh its good. Shame the download caps are different though.

deathtrap3000;4660018

Yeh its good. Shame the download caps are different though.

yeah and the fact that my local exchange can only handle a cable throughput of 6mb kinda makes my 20mb a bit of a con.......

StevenA2000_uk;4660249

yeah and the fact that my local exchange can only handle a cable … yeah and the fact that my local exchange can only handle a cable throughput of 6mb kinda makes my 20mb a bit of a con.......

Did you contact Virgin for that information, or are you getting this mixed up with ADSL?

Xb0xGuru;4660328

Did you contact Virgin for that information, or are you getting this … Did you contact Virgin for that information, or are you getting this mixed up with ADSL?

Its from here ]Broadband Checker

StevenA2000_uk;4660249

yeah and the fact that my local exchange can only handle a cable … yeah and the fact that my local exchange can only handle a cable throughput of 6mb kinda makes my 20mb a bit of a con.......

Your local exchange wont handle any cable throughput from virgin media.

If you have NTL or Telewest in your area, Virgin are using their cable tecnology to supply to houses, they are forecasting 50MB in the future, but at a cost.

StevenA2000_uk;4660385

Its from here ]Broadband Checker:)

What information did you see when you put in your details ? Were there ticks against ADSL and Cable?

Just spoke to Virgin - this upgrade is happening between May and October. The cost will rise by £2 (or I have the option of paying an extra £7 for security benefits and getting it now, no thanks!).

You need to call after May 1st to see if you will need a new modem - there is supposed to be a way on checking in the customer zone on the web-page but I can't find it...

turns out new modem not always required - should be happening automatically over the next week or so, but this will vary depending on which area you are in
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Christmas presents510
    2. Mobile phone advice33
    3. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?55
    4. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?23

See more discussions