Groups

virgin broadband alternatives

I've given my 30 days notice to virgin media. I was on 50 megabits connection. I haven't moved broadband before. what's the best away to do it. cashback sites or contacting them directly. also what are currently the best deals.

6 Comments

Try for BT 52MB through topcashback, you will get £125 Prepaid master card and chance to earn some cashback.

Original Poster

i just bought a package.

Sky Q 1TB box
    Box Sets + 80 channels
    talk line rental
    talk anytime extra
    Sky Fibre Max
    Sky Q Hub

for £27, i did it over the phone so no cashback or anything. how did i do?

brendanhickey

i just bought a package.Sky Q 1TB boxBox Sets + 80 channels talk line … i just bought a package.Sky Q 1TB boxBox Sets + 80 channels talk line rentaltalk anytime extraSky Fibre MaxSky Q Hubfor £27, i did it over the phone so no cashback or anything. how did i do?

Good deal if that's total cost

tomdavidrichards

Good deal if that's total cost

It is. It's a valid offer at the moment, just need to call as it's through phone or available via Currys/PCworld instore. Few variants on that offer. 17Mb BB with everything else same is about £16.31, 32Mb is about £24 and the 76Mb Fibre Max as above about £27

You can get 2TB box if you push the rep, I got the Sky Q 2TB Box sets, 17Mb BB Unlimited, Anytime+Line rental for £16.31/mo. Paid £99 setup fee for 2TB box, which I will get back as account credit.

With Virgin I got 50MB BB + Line rental for £21/mo + £3 credit for 6 months. No haggling, they just offered this when we told them to drop tv and that'd we'd like to keep BB/Phone.
    Edited by: "kiish" 20th Sep 2016

I got 100Mb for £32 from Virgin after switching from the woeful Sky broadband. Was only getting around 6Mb from Sky despite paying for 40Mb. I'm now getting 106Mb. Although it's nearly double the price I was paying for Sky, it's worth it.

Check first if you can get fibre with Openreach. If not, stay with VM, try to get an offer in there! If you can get fibre with BT, I'd go with the 52mb plan, as aaqueel said.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?915
      2. Back to European satellite tv32
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
      4. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78

See more discussions