Groups

Virgin Broadband downloading problems?

Me and my mrs have just got our own flat for the 1st time and are looking at getting a good deal on virgin/sky/bt vision etc.

I've found a great package with virgin with xxl broadband and hd with sky sports in hd on the basic tv and basic phone package at 44.99 a month.

I do ALOT of downloading, not at specific times to be honest, mostly after 8pm i'd say. Has any body got virgin broadband and had any problems with letters or anything with too much downloading? We can get fibre optic broadband where we are moving so would like to take advantage of it if possible. Any feedback would be great.

Stpehen2k5

5 Comments

I am with virgin i download alot, i have never had any problems, i download 11gb files at a time, i think they throttle in peak times thou but i dl to my nas 24/7

XXL BB is 50MB isn't it, there's no restrictions on that at the moment. You can download as much as you want. I've never had any letters of Virgin about too much downloads, and i know of no-one else either.

Banned

I download about 150GB a month and always great speeds (I use SSL to stop them seeing what is being downloaded of course!). Thats on the L package (10mbps BB & phone line rental and talk weekends for £19.99 pcm).
    Edited by: "csiman" 23rd Jan 2011

Original Poster

csiman

I download about 150GB a month and always great speeds (I use SSL to stop … I download about 150GB a month and always great speeds (I use SSL to stop them seeing what is being downloaded of course!). Thats on the L package (10mbps BB & phone line rental and talk weekends for £19.99 pcm).

What is SSL if you dont mind me asking??

Banned

google is your friend

lazylink
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109

See more discussions