Virgin broadband issues anyone?

Posted 10th Oct
I only got a new Virgin broadband set up about three weeks ago but my connection kept dropping.

The technician came around yesterday and replaced the original cable going from the wall socket to the router. The original cable is thin with some sort of filter half way along the cable.

So if you are having problems and have that crappy little cable - get it replaced, sorted my broadband out
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Should have seen this a few weeks ago when I cancelled with them. Mine wasn’t a drop but a crazy reduced speed.
I’ve been with them about 14 years and this is the worst year I seen for it going completely off for hours on end and drop outs. We pay for 100mb and lucky if we get 30mb at peak hours. The customer service are based in India and haven’t got a clue what your saying to them. This is definitely the last year they will be having any money off me.
AndyWalker8510/10/2019 09:40

I’ve been with them about 14 years and this is the worst year I seen for i …I’ve been with them about 14 years and this is the worst year I seen for it going completely off for hours on end and drop outs. We pay for 100mb and lucky if we get 30mb at peak hours. The customer service are based in India and haven’t got a clue what your saying to them. This is definitely the last year they will be having any money off me.

Yeah, I spent 30 minutes on the phone with them, the first person kept talking over me and told me rubbish. The second person was better, and eventually decided to send out an engineer.

So if you can push for an engineer to come out you might get somewhere, you should be able to get compensation if they aren't providing the contracted speeds.
You don’t have any before and after photos by any chance?
AndyWalker8510/10/2019 09:40

I’ve been with them about 14 years and this is the worst year I seen for i …I’ve been with them about 14 years and this is the worst year I seen for it going completely off for hours on end and drop outs. We pay for 100mb and lucky if we get 30mb at peak hours. The customer service are based in India and haven’t got a clue what your saying to them. This is definitely the last year they will be having any money off me.

If your speeds drop at peak times it means its over subscribed in your area and the local exchange needs upgrading, at my old address mine used to drop below 1mb at tea time and an engineer came told me its utilisation, he used that name for the situation, i cant remember it but he said you need a lot of people complaining in the area and then we have to apply to the council to upgrade the exchange and it takes many months.
We moved out before they fixed ours waited 6 months by then. Luckily where i am now i get 200mb at all times 😁
Mark_Hickman10/10/2019 10:43

If your speeds drop at peak times it means its over subscribed in your …If your speeds drop at peak times it means its over subscribed in your area and the local exchange needs upgrading, at my old address mine used to drop below 1mb at tea time and an engineer came told me its utilisation, he used that name for the situation, i cant remember it but he said you need a lot of people complaining in the area and then we have to apply to the council to upgrade the exchange and it takes many months.We moved out before they fixed ours waited 6 months by then. Luckily where i am now i get 200mb at all times 😁

We has new cables laid in our road which didn’t make any difference so have an engineer come back out who told us it was a utilisation issue and no intentions of upgrading the cad box in the road. Surly they should be monitored as to how many people they can sign up in one area
Edited by: "AndyWalker85" 10th Oct
AndyWalker8510/10/2019 10:48

We has me cables laid in our road which didn’t make any difference so have …We has me cables laid in our road which didn’t make any difference so have an engineer come back out who told us it was a utilisation issue and no intentions of upgrading the cad box in the road. Surly they should be monitored as to how many people they can sign up in one area

You'd think so, i dont think they care as long as cash is rolling in, leeches
Mark_Hickman10/10/2019 10:51

You'd think so, i dont think they care as long as cash is rolling in, …You'd think so, i dont think they care as long as cash is rolling in, leeches

Only way to stop crap companies like virgin is to stop giving them our hard earned cash
Just started a new contract with Virgin so will see what speed I get. thanks for the advice.
AndyWalker8510/10/2019 10:52

Only way to stop crap companies like virgin is to stop giving them our …Only way to stop crap companies like virgin is to stop giving them our hard earned cash

I know but its difficult when theres no alternative in your area, my next best thing it 9mb telephone line.
I'm currently in menorca in a small town ( serpentona ) and i was expecting very poor internet in our villa, i was very shocked to see we have wifi 94mb download and 85mb upload speeds, unbelievable, i think the uk is trailing behind in many areas
AndyWalker8510/10/2019 10:48

We has new cables laid in our road which didn’t make any difference so h …We has new cables laid in our road which didn’t make any difference so have an engineer come back out who told us it was a utilisation issue and no intentions of upgrading the cad box in the road. Surly they should be monitored as to how many people they can sign up in one area

Hmmm, not sure if that is true, I live close to a lot of high rise flats, so quite a lot of people in one small area, but I still get 110+ download speeds.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants