Virgin Broadband retention

Found 31st MayEdited by:"cameronswift"
I called Virgin to cancel around 2 weeks ago, they processed the notice period but haven't heard from them since i decided to cancel, what is the best way for me to get a retention deal from them in this situation?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
deleted396333
They're not bothered any more
They will call. They’re calling your bluff
Virgin only reacted for a friend when they signed up with sky and sky contacted vm to transfer the phone number then they phoned and offered xl everything and sky sports for £45 a month was at before hand £108
I had the same, they play a bluff. I waited and as the date of contract neared , presto I had a phone call and received a very good offer. Vivid 100mb internet with mix TV package for £30
patience is a virtue
Start again as new customer. They always get the best deals.
I played the game last November. I was called back two days after cancelling - which appeared to be the norm at that time. I was called on my non Virgin mobile - rather than my Virgin landline.

Have read various threads about this on here - never heard of anyone never getting a call back.

I think they're going through a closure of their Swansea call centre - even if this hasn't started the news alone could be responsible for the longer callback times.
I cancelled in September after 20 years. Never got a call. Bt have been far cheaper and just as reliable so a good result. Now pay £8.50 per month for line rental and 54mbps fibre
Edited by: "chocci" 31st May
chocci1 h, 20 m ago

I cancelled in September after 20 years. Never got a call. Bt have been …I cancelled in September after 20 years. Never got a call. Bt have been far cheaper and just as reliable so a good result. Now pay £8.50 per month for line rental and 54mbps fibre

Where is that deal from?
Ferris7 m ago

Where is that deal from?

Cuckoo land
Ferris58 m ago

Where is that deal from?

BT 8 months ago.
master101 h, 0 m ago

Cuckoo land

Lol

The deal was posted on hukd

£27.99 per month less £150 reward card and £100 topcashback = £76 per year total so even cheaper than I thought
Edited by: "chocci" 31st May
chocci2 h, 28 m ago

LolThe deal was posted on hukd£27.99 per month less £150 reward card and £ …LolThe deal was posted on hukd£27.99 per month less £150 reward card and £100 topcashback = £76 per year total so even cheaper than I thought

A £150 reward card is not money back in your account. So it's still cost you money.
Patience it is.
master106 h, 46 m ago

A £150 reward card is not money back in your account. So it's still cost …A £150 reward card is not money back in your account. So it's still cost you money.

Its still money to spend on anything so as good as cash

Judt man up and accept you were talking crap
chocci3 h, 57 m ago

Its still money to spend on anything so as good as cashJudt man up and …Its still money to spend on anything so as good as cashJudt man up and accept you were talking crap

No, you were and still are. The fact you have to spend the £150 on something you may/may not have bought otherwise means you are not paying £8.50. It's more like £20 A month.
master1036 m ago

No, you were and still are. The fact you have to spend the £150 on …No, you were and still are. The fact you have to spend the £150 on something you may/may not have bought otherwise means you are not paying £8.50. It's more like £20 A month.

In all fairness, I think you can just use the reward card (assuming it's their MasterCard one) to pay off your phone bill / broadband bill each month so technically they're not having to purposely spend it on other things.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants