Virgin broadband retention

Posted 7th Mar
It's been nearly 2 weeks since I gave my notice and i still haven't received a call from the rentions team. I made sure marketing settings were set too

They have us over a barrel as we have high usage on their 200mb for £31.04 a month rising to £45. The closest speed we have from other providers is 78mb. Is my next step to sign my husband up to a new contract with VM?

Thanks in advance for any help x
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Yeah go for it
Yeah just set up a new one in your other halves name. Don’t forget your TCB
I'm in the top 5% of usage (according to the letters they keep sending me) 4TB plus per month ... they didn't call me until week 4 of my notice but they did eventually and got 350Mb for £27.00
Another trick is to call them. Say you got a missed call from virgin and you think it might be retention team.
If you get lucky you will be transferred to the retention team where you will be offered a good price
sillyoldbear07/03/2020 09:35

I'm in the top 5% of usage (according to the letters they keep sending me) …I'm in the top 5% of usage (according to the letters they keep sending me) 4TB plus per month ... they didn't call me until week 4 of my notice but they did eventually and got 350Mb for £27.00

Only 4TB? I used 6 1/2TB last month
Just cancel your direct debit (or ideally some other customer's direct debit). Then post here describing VM as vampires. Worked well for a HUKD member in 2017 as seen in archives at archive.is/4BoCT and archive.is/b2vvn
Why can companies connect you to their sevices often in minutes but demand 30 days notice to terminate your contract?
Legislation required me thinks!
landros107/03/2020 15:03

Why can companies connect you to their sevices often in minutes but demand …Why can companies connect you to their sevices often in minutes but demand 30 days notice to terminate your contract?Legislation required me thinks!

The legislation is already present. Minimum 30days notice from either party, so the consumer on a great deal still benefits from the great deal for minimum 30days subject to minimum term. And if the provider should attempt to detrimentally change terms mid-contract, the consumer can leave penalty free. Seems reasonable.
The problem is that most companies offer a 12 month deal (some parts of these deals may be for a shorter time) and 18 month minimum contract.
These companies are set up to automatically end contracts where their customers have to set up individual reminders for each facet to ensure that we are not taken to the cleaners.
landros108/03/2020 14:21

The problem is that most companies offer a 12 month deal (some parts of …The problem is that most companies offer a 12 month deal (some parts of these deals may be for a shorter time) and 18 month minimum contract.These companies are set up to automatically end contracts where their customers have to set up individual reminders for each facet to ensure that we are not taken to the cleaners.

Legislation is present to inform customers when the contract is approaching end of minimum term and to state lowest price / appropriate package for optional renewal.
sillyoldbear07/03/2020 09:35

I'm in the top 5% of usage (according to the letters they keep sending me) …I'm in the top 5% of usage (according to the letters they keep sending me) 4TB plus per month ... they didn't call me until week 4 of my notice but they did eventually and got 350Mb for £27.00

I got a call the next day (or maybe it was 2 days - but it was quick).

The man told me he hadn't seen such high usage in a long time.

To be fair I had a fresh reinstall of W10 on two computers and downloaded ALL my steam/origin games etc and about 5TB of torrents in a short space of time.

He had me over a barrel though saying BT only give me 25mbit (he was close - it was 18 meg when we got it installed) and I had to bluff it and thankfully got the call back.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants