Found 2nd Apr 2011
Evening all,

I have a HD box in 1 room and a normal box in the kitchen. A friend has a +box. can i swap it with the one in the kitchen or will Virgin kickoff??

1. Misc
  2. Virgin
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Virgin
6 Comments

Banned

as long as you put the right card in it ......cant see a problem!

btw virgin media has hundreds of thousands of customers.....i dont think they will be watching liddle ole you (_;)

Banned

presuming you mean use your card in his box, no

Banned

Throw the Box out the Window and Cancel your subscription with Virgin

Banned

colinsunderland

presuming you mean use your card in his box, no

think she/he means swap his box with hers in her house then put her card in .....seems ok to me!

it wont work, the card and box are paired with each other.
the box is paired with the account on the premises too.

so you can't take it to someones house and use it there with your card or theirs.
you also can't swop boxes since they are rented and not bought.
virgin media want unused boxes back if you are subscribing anymore.

Banned

slackrat77

it wont work, the card and box are paired with each other.the box is … it wont work, the card and box are paired with each other.the box is paired with the account on the premises too.so you can't take it to someones house and use it there with your card or theirs.you also can't swop boxes since they are rented and not bought.virgin media want unused boxes back if you are subscribing anymore.

the box isn't tied to the premises, you can take the box and use it in another house without any problems as long as you don't change the card

You might be thinking of modems, if you take them to a different UBR they might not work, but would work in another house on the same UBR
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Misco about to go into administration1013
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…1834
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2687
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769304

See more discussions