Expired

Virgin cancellation

Found 1st Sep 2017
Due to Virgin price increase starting November 1st there is free cancellation until 31st October .

I was wanting to know what was the best method to get a good deal. I had spoken with customer retentions but they were offering me £34 p/m with Player TV package 70 channels , 300mbps broadband speed and talk weekends .

is this a good deal? will I get a call back in a few days offering a better deal?

currently I am on the same package but with 200mbps broadband speed and pay £38.25 and with the price increase will come to 43.25.

I have paid for line rental for 12 months upfront and ends in November.

TIA to all the hotukdealers for helping .

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
20 Comments

Up until the 2nd last paragraph I thought that was a very good deal. The fact you're paying an additional £196/yr for the line rental saver makes it not such a good deal - but still decent.

I've read through quite a few Virgin threads on here as my contract is up in November. Some posters claim to have the full set including all the Sky packages for less but most are suggesting the best you can get is around what you have been offered. Some recently have gone down the cancellation route and still appear to be awaiting a call back!

Last time to get the best price I could I said I was happy to drop both the TV and phone - but was offered a cheaper price to keep the TV (basic package - which is just the Freeview channels) and phone (Talk weekends). I'll be prepared to do the same next time round.

We were at the end of our 12 months paying £40 a. Month and wanted to get a deal on par with the new customer deal at £33 for a basic package (tv phone and broadband )

They refused to give us the same deal so we have given our 30 days notice around 5 days ago - no calls as of yet.

Original Poster

dipakpatel9155 m ago

We were at the end of our 12 months paying £40 a. Month and wanted to get …We were at the end of our 12 months paying £40 a. Month and wanted to get a deal on par with the new customer deal at £33 for a basic package (tv phone and broadband ) They refused to give us the same deal so we have given our 30 days notice around 5 days ago - no calls as of yet.

​let us know how you get on . I'm a slightly worried as I may not get a phone call now . since I said to cancel. I did mention new customers are getting the same deal for £42 but if you take into consideration of the line rental save it comes to £26 and they were not budging from £34.

Will do, our back up plan is to create a new account in my partners name and have the services overlap by a day or two. I'd say it's worth the extra hassle for ( I think ) it was £90 savings over the 12 months + £20 setup but if I go through quidco I get £30 back.

Original Poster

dipakpatel915 h, 18 m ago

Will do, our back up plan is to create a new account in my partners name …Will do, our back up plan is to create a new account in my partners name and have the services overlap by a day or two. I'd say it's worth the extra hassle for ( I think ) it was £90 savings over the 12 months + £20 setup but if I go through quidco I get £30 back.

​yeah was planning the same however they told me wouldn't be able to get the services back for 90 days as everyone would be exploiting this avenue .

dipakpatel9122 h, 40 m ago

Will do, our back up plan is to create a new account in my partners name …Will do, our back up plan is to create a new account in my partners name and have the services overlap by a day or two. I'd say it's worth the extra hassle for ( I think ) it was £90 savings over the 12 months + £20 setup but if I go through quidco I get £30 back.

This works fine usually. The only problem is you'll have to get a new landline number if you've got landline included in your package.

Original Poster

kashmemon2 h, 31 m ago

This works fine usually. The only problem is you'll have to get a new …This works fine usually. The only problem is you'll have to get a new landline number if you've got landline included in your package.

​don't mind a new landline number . how long do you have to wait for a new line / installation?

HammadKhalil16 m ago

​don't mind a new landline number . how long do you have to wait for a new …​don't mind a new landline number . how long do you have to wait for a new line / installation?

3 months after returning all their kit back to them to then be treated as a new customer
Edited by: "chocci" 3rd Sep 2017

chocci5 h, 41 m ago

3 months after returning all their kit back to them to then be treated as …3 months after returning all their kit back to them to then be treated as a new customer

Hi just signed up today it says 14 days for the landline. Will wait for them to confirm.

Also we've gone with a new landline - though it gives you an option to continue your number on their site

Original Poster

dipakpatel912 h, 9 m ago

Hi just signed up today it says 14 days for the landline. Will wait for …Hi just signed up today it says 14 days for the landline. Will wait for them to confirm.

​sounds good if it is only 14 days .

Original Poster

dipakpatel912 h, 10 m ago

Also we've gone with a new landline - though it gives you an option to …Also we've gone with a new landline - though it gives you an option to continue your number on their site

​interesting. maybe they will know if you are an existing customer if you choose to keep your existing number.

Interesting to see what happens here. Good luck but I'll be surprised if Virgin go through with this.

HammadKhalil3rd Sep

​interesting. maybe they will know if you are an existing customer if you c …​interesting. maybe they will know if you are an existing customer if you choose to keep your existing number.

Had the installation today and they cancelled the other line - no issues yet ( will wait for the bill and let you know )

HammadKhalil3rd Sep

​interesting. maybe they will know if you are an existing customer if you c …​interesting. maybe they will know if you are an existing customer if you choose to keep your existing number.

They gave us a new number though forgot to mention that

Original Poster

dipakpatel9110 h, 59 m ago

Had the installation today and they cancelled the other line - no issues …Had the installation today and they cancelled the other line - no issues yet ( will wait for the bill and let you know )

​that was quick . I was expecting another week to pass before you got a new line .

They came the day before the quick start kit arrived to disconnect the old and connect the new, I had initially asked for the kit to arrive towards the end of the month but they called me to tell me it'll arrive this week - they did charge me a cancellation charge on my old line of c£15 though assuming that was because I didn't cancel at the end of the 30 days notice period, apart from that I wen through quidco for the new customer package which tracked at £30 cashback so that negates the new line connection fee of £20... all in all pretty happy bar the 15 I should be save around £50 over 12 months. And my broadband been upgraded from 50mb to 100mb

Original Poster

When you signed up did you select the option that you are moving into the property or already with us ?that's not too bad then since you got a cash back and better BB. so really you saved £45 by upgrading . I'm hoping to do the same .

HammadKhalil2 h, 35 m ago

When you signed up did you select the option that you are moving into the …When you signed up did you select the option that you are moving into the property or already with us ?that's not too bad then since you got a cash back and better BB. so really you saved £45 by upgrading . I'm hoping to do the same .

Said I'm moving as I signed up in my name as a new customer

Original Poster

I cancelled my cancellation as an advisor told me that i would be losing out on line rental so i phone them yesterday . again they were telling me £34 p/m with line rental paid upfront would be the best to get 300mb broadband, tv player package and talk weekends for landline. the advisor was mentioning cannot get these speeds elsewhere . I told him it's good speed but I want it cheaper. but he wasnt having it. so I said I'd cancel. he mentioned it would be stupid to cancel as you are getting the best speeds so it doesn't make sense. I then told him I have a friend who's on bt and for gaming always has a better ping regardless of what game it is which is true and advise wifi coverage in the house is poor in some areas. he then told me he'd speak with a manager and offered me £28 which I took as a new customer I'd be paying £26 but then the £20 activation fee to add as well so factoring that in on a monthly basis is about £27.66. so for convienence I went with their offer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions