Virgin credit card, dropping the foreign transaction fee..

Posted 4th Mar
Just a heads up, or if your looking for a European fee free credit card. From 16/04/20 virgin are dropping the fee.

Good news – you no longer have to pay the 2.99% fee on transactions within the EEA. If you’re visiting or buying from any of the countries in the EEA you won’t be charged a fee if you’re paying in Sterling, Euros, Swedish Kronor or Romanian Lei. If your card doesn’t currently charge a fee for non-sterling transactions made elsewhere, that’s not changing...
Community Updates

Groups

7 Comments
Good news!
good news if you have one of their cards and only travel to the countries with the currencies listed, but there are plenty others out there which wont charge the fee anywhere.
eslick04/03/2020 13:32

good news if you have one of their cards and only travel to the countries …good news if you have one of their cards and only travel to the countries with the currencies listed, but there are plenty others out there which wont charge the fee anywhere.

I have one of the cards anyway so was a bonus.. I use monzo but this is a nice extra to have..
I've still 19 months of 0% on purchases too.

Guess I know what card I'll be using on holiday this year. Thanks!
I received the email 3 weeks ago but it says:"we no longer charge Non-Sterling Transaction Fees when you use your credit card in the European Economic Area (EEA) in Euros, Swedish Kronor or Romanian Lei." I can't find any starting date
John-Salchichon06/03/2020 17:48

I received the email 3 weeks ago but it says:"we no longer charge …I received the email 3 weeks ago but it says:"we no longer charge Non-Sterling Transaction Fees when you use your credit card in the European Economic Area (EEA) in Euros, Swedish Kronor or Romanian Lei." I can't find any starting date

16th next month on email I got...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants