Virgin Credit Cards temporarily withdrawn - please help

Found 6th Aug
Hello. I was looking to apply for a Virgin Credit Card however they have been ‘temporarily withdrawn due to high demand’ with ‘no date of return provided (only soon)’.

Does anyone have any further info on this (I have looked online but can’t find anything)...possibly someone who works at Virgin Money.

moneysavingexpert.com/news

Thanks.
Community Updates
AskVirgin
13 Comments
Could this be related to their potential merger with Clydesdale?
Not sure (I wasn’t aware of that).
My thinking s that their ‘All Rounder Credit Cards’ offered the best overall option(s) at the minute and thus proved to be the most popular. Also the number of Credit Card offer(s) is slowly being reduced to control borrowing so I read somewhere.
steve76556 m ago

Not sure (I wasn’t aware of that). My thinking s that their ‘All Rounder Cr …Not sure (I wasn’t aware of that). My thinking s that their ‘All Rounder Credit Cards’ offered the best overall option(s) at the minute and thus proved to be the most popular. Also the number of Credit Card offer(s) is slowly being reduced to control borrowing so I read somewhere.

I’d say it’s linked to the merger and that card won’t be offered anymore. They will most likely launch an alternative with less benefits. I think you missed the boat......
cmdr_elito8 h, 52 m ago

I’d say it’s linked to the merger and that card won’t be offered anymore. T …I’d say it’s linked to the merger and that card won’t be offered anymore. They will most likely launch an alternative with less benefits. I think you missed the boat......

Yes. Possibly. Just my luck!

Shame as don’t seem many ‘decent’ alternatives around at present. Hope they relaunch soon so I can see what they offering (I only need a 0% spending card for a decent length of time) for a upcoming spend.
Edited by: "steve765" 7th Aug
Is it a case of wanting Virgin to collect their miles? If so, you can join Amex and convert rewards to VS Miles.
No. Just Virgin seemed to offer the best deal (not up to xx months). Well they did till they withdrew them. Tried Sainsbury’s eligibility calc but seemingly not eligible. Was also considering Post Office now...but want a decent credit limit (around £3k if possible) & already have a BOI mortgage (sane banking group).
steve7655 h, 35 m ago

Yes. Possibly. Just my luck!Shame as don’t seem many ‘decent’ alternatives …Yes. Possibly. Just my luck!Shame as don’t seem many ‘decent’ alternatives around at present. Hope they relaunch soon so I can see what they offering (I only need a 0% spending card for a decent length of time) for a upcoming spend.

Nationwide do a card with 0% on new purchases.
Thanks all. Was ideally looking for a card that isn’t ‘up to xx months’ as that’s just another unknown factor (along with the credit limit they might offer) that you don’t know until after you have been accepted (hopefully) and a credit mark has been entered on your credit report.

Virgin were one of the better providers for offering ‘larger credit limits’ or so I have read but that’s out of the question now as I think I’ll need it this week sometime.

Anyone any experience of Post Office/Barxlaycard Credit Cards? (how easily accepted/credit limits offered etc) Thanks.
Have a look at MBNA purchase card,. I had a limit of £4000 to start and after 6 years the limit has increased to £17000. Not that I use it to the limit
nannafish2 h, 2 m ago

Have a look at MBNA purchase card,. I had a limit of £4000 to start and …Have a look at MBNA purchase card,. I had a limit of £4000 to start and after 6 years the limit has increased to £17000. Not that I use it to the limit

Wow that’s a lot. Did look at MBNA but noticed purchases had to be within 30 days(I believe) to qualify for the 0%. Anything after this period accrues interest. So only good for one-off large purchases..that put me off a little as if I have e.g. 24 months 0% I would like to be able to purchase later again at 0%.
Thanks
Hi. Anyone heard anything about when Virgin will start offering their Credit Cards again yet?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions