Virgin Fibre speed from up to 70Mbps to up to 100Mbps - all for no extra charge(account specific)

Found 10th Jan
Just found in my email that Virgin Fibre internet can be upgraded for free from up to 70Mbps to up to 100Mbps.
It is worth to check Your account.
Community Updates
Misc
20 Comments
Thanks for sharing @Dziambis Have popped this in misc as more of a heads up thread.
lol 'no extra charge'.
They put the prices up afterwards every time they do this. Got fed up in the end and left them.
They increase prices yearly too...:)
Nothing for me in Emails or in My Account offers.
was with virgin a long time ago, decided never to go back when over the 18 month period the bill just kept increasing and increasing while being stuck in their one way contract. be warned virgin still does this as a norm.
This has been the case for about 6 months or more but sadly even though the press release said all customers over the past few months many customers have been told they don’t get the upgrade.
Azztec18 m ago

was with virgin a long time ago, decided never to go back when over the 18 …was with virgin a long time ago, decided never to go back when over the 18 month period the bill just kept increasing and increasing while being stuck in their one way contract. be warned virgin still does this as a norm.

Many do but the good thing is you might have an 18 month contract but reality is it’s probably less than a year as their yearly price increase allows you to cancel. You do that and they reduce the price you were paying been with virgin for 5 years now, first 12 month discount was coming to an end when they upped the price, got a bigger discount than I had had, fir 18 months, when that came to an end same again and just two months ago after a price increase ended up getting upgraded to 200Mb for £2 more than I was paying previously before the price increase.
eslick58 m ago

Many do but the good thing is you might have an 18 month contract but …Many do but the good thing is you might have an 18 month contract but reality is it’s probably less than a year as their yearly price increase allows you to cancel. You do that and they reduce the price you were paying been with virgin for 5 years now, first 12 month discount was coming to an end when they upped the price, got a bigger discount than I had had, fir 18 months, when that came to an end same again and just two months ago after a price increase ended up getting upgraded to 200Mb for £2 more than I was paying previously before the price increase.

thanks for that, but that toing and froing sounds like too much hastle, prefer to have a contract that does not continue to increase every monthafter they supposedly give you a great deal to get you signed up.
The truth it virgin media have the best Internet bar none.

I'm on 200mbs and it's fantastic
Azztec21 m ago

thanks for that, but that toing and froing sounds like too much hastle, …thanks for that, but that toing and froing sounds like too much hastle, prefer to have a contract that does not continue to increase every monthafter they supposedly give you a great deal to get you signed up.

But sadly when th telecoms you ain’t going to get it all companies increase each year and if you don’t play the game you will be paying top dollar and then get banned from here for not going for the deal :
Edited by: "eslick" 10th Jan
Dziambis5 h, 22 m ago

They increase prices yearly too...:)

Who doesnt.
eslick19 m ago

But sadly when th telecoms you ain’t going to get it all companies i …But sadly when th telecoms you ain’t going to get it all companies increase each year and if you don’t play the game you will be paying top dollar and then get banned from here for not going for the deal :

yearly increases is one thing but monthly increases they blame on vat increases while you are locked into a contract. so effectively they increase each month and after the year they resign again with a "great deal" and then increase for the next 12 months again. effectively they use the 12 months to bring in extra money and then relock customers into a new 18 monther.
Azztec1 h, 38 m ago

yearly increases is one thing but monthly increases they blame on vat …yearly increases is one thing but monthly increases they blame on vat increases while you are locked into a contract. so effectively they increase each month and after the year they resign again with a "great deal" and then increase for the next 12 months again. effectively they use the 12 months to bring in extra money and then relock customers into a new 18 monther.

That’s not possible, additional payment for services yes but increase for VAT no chance, VAT hasn’t gone up for years. You need to check what you are talking about, if it is true which sadly it shouldn’t be, then a formal letter to them to investigate and off to OFCOM.
eslick15 m ago

That’s not possible, additional payment for services yes but increase for V …That’s not possible, additional payment for services yes but increase for VAT no chance, VAT hasn’t gone up for years. You need to check what you are talking about, if it is true which sadly it shouldn’t be, then a formal letter to them to investigate and off to OFCOM.

maybe you are right in hindsight, as I said it was how it was explained when i queried the regular price hikes. also as I said it was a while ago.
Not on mine yet.
People moaning about price rises and being locked in: you have the option to walk away early if you don't agree to the price rise.
They send emails and letters to that end.
Uranus10th Jan

People moaning about price rises and being locked in: you have the option …People moaning about price rises and being locked in: you have the option to walk away early if you don't agree to the price rise.They send emails and letters to that end.

true, or not get involved in the first place.
This is probably specific to your area where they have finished doing some work on the cabinets
cmdr_elito1 h, 39 m ago

This is probably specific to your area where they have finished doing some …This is probably specific to your area where they have finished doing some work on the cabinets

Nope it was officially announced though from what’s been said on here recently it could be in areas that can cope. They were reported as saying that 50 was gone but reversed that and got rid of the 150 speeds, as an existing customer in our area though they only talk 100 and 200 when you speak to them.

cable.co.uk/new…72/
Yes exactly, they have been doing work to introduce the 300mb in all areas. Whilst they were waiting to do this they were speed boosting people slightly. Now in place you will find 100,200,300.

I’m on 300mb myself, the download speed offers no real gains as such but the uploads speed makes a huge difference and the 300mb is the only one that isn’t traffic managed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions