Virgin Holidays Complaints Contact

Posted 6th Feb 2022
Hi everyone,

Is it too late to say Happy New Year?

The missus and I went to Vegas at the end of last year to get married (not by Elvis ).

Whilst being there was fantastic and an incredible place to be, we were messed around by Virgin Holidays before we went and also had cancellations when we were on our way, the details of which I won't bore you with.

I don't usually complain about things, especially in the current climate, but we have complained to them and have (finally) been given a response of a £50 credit voucher to use on our next holiday with them.

For the circumstances we went through, I find this an insult so would like to take this higher.

Do you know of any email addresses or even postal addresses that I could direct my complaint to with them? I didn't know if anyone here has had any experience and, more to the point, any luck at all?

Cheers all! 🏻
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Frenchmeister Author
    DaveG4606/02/2022 21:12

Did you try these? …Did you try these? https://www.virginholidays.co.uk/customer-support/complaints

Yes... And the email address for feedback after your holiday.
    Steve_Betts70
    We had issues with Virgin with our honeymoon to Florida:

- They changed the car hire company without telling me
    - They sold the resort as being a “Flagship” hotel… it was a dump, lipstick and pubes in the shower tray and very suspect stains on the carpets! We went to complain and maybe move rooms, but there was a note on the reps office saying”we no longer have a rep here, please go to the…” it turns out that they’d taken the flagship status off of the hotel prior to us booking?
    - There was supposed to be a champagne and choc celebration pack for us…. it didn’t appear?
    - On our return trip, cabin crew and a security guard dragged us off of the plane in-front of a full plane loudly proclaiming a “security incident” and to “collect all our belongings” (this was less than a year after 9/11!) Turns out THEY'D made an rrror with the boarding passes, they just said, “sorry it’s our error, you can re board”. God I can still see the faces of the other passengers….

Their idea of recompense? Same as you, a £50 voucher and a bottle of Moët (which we were owed), the chocs never materialised!! They didn’t ruin the holiday but they certainly didn’t help!

We also went back to Florida 10yrs after, we booked a villa with Virgin, they messed that up too, their response was basically “we’re sorry and hope this doesn’t stop you coming back to us for future holidays”, no voucher, no address. (edited)
    chrb
    Exactly same poor experience on our trip to Vegas to get married 11 years ago, flight delayed by hours and told might not even be the same day . They didn't even offer free drink/food vouchers during the long delay our chocolates and champagne which was paid for never appeared until landing. We were offered a few free airmiles and not even an apology. In the end we arrived just under 3 hours late in destination as they didn't want to go over this as at the time the EU compensation was €600 each if over 3 hours late (edited)
    Bargainhead
    chrb06/02/2022 22:05

Exactly same poor experience on our trip to Vegas to get married 11 years …Exactly same poor experience on our trip to Vegas to get married 11 years ago, flight delayed by hours and told might not even be the same day . They didn't even offer free drink/food vouchers during the long delay our chocolates and champagne which was paid for never appeared until landing. We were offered a few free airmiles and not even an apology. In the end we arrived just under 3 hours late in destination as they didn't want to go over this as at the time the EU compensation was €600 each if over 3 hours late

They don’t have to provide food vouchers till the 4 hour mark, I wouldn’t say 3 hours is a long delay..
    chrb
    deleted192272209/02/2022 07:20

They don’t have to provide food vouchers till the 4 hour mark, I wouldn’t s …They don’t have to provide food vouchers till the 4 hour mark, I wouldn’t say 3 hours is a long delay..

The EU disagrees with you 3 hours+ is the threshold for compulsory compensation
    Bargainhead
    chrb09/02/2022 18:52

The EU disagrees with you 3 hours+ is the threshold for compulsory …The EU disagrees with you 3 hours+ is the threshold for compulsory compensation

ok it use to be 4 hours but since you never went over 3 whats the problem. the way you made it sound to start with was a long delay lol. it wasn't..
's avatar
Top Merchants