Found 10th May 2008
Anyone have a clue why my internet is being so slow?

I'm on VM 2MB and usually get about 1.8 - 1.9MB

at the moment it's taking about 3 minutes to load a page, speedtest says my speed is 98KB and my upload is 180kb.

upload is normally 200 so thats fine..

1. Misc
  2. Virgin
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Virgin
11 Comments

just did a speed test.. mines fine, where do you live?

Yikes that is slow! If you have a wireless network make sure it's secure as someone could be leeching off that.. Could also be something to do with your location.

Original Poster

Im in Nottingham, Wireless, it's secure, PS3 + laptop is wireless off it.

PS3 is turned off, PC is same speed, turned it off, still slow.

Because VM sucks. The End.

lol its not unusual with these terribly slow speeds especially during the weeknights and weekends with Virgin Media non-cable. If you are using their non-cable, then be prepared to keep experiencing these slow speeds.

Its VM's servers that is the problem. Nothing you can do other than wait for everyone to sleep.

Mines ok

1992 kb down
187 kb up

Original Poster

Slash;2071293

Because VM sucks. The End.lol its not unusual with these terribly slow … Because VM sucks. The End.lol its not unusual with these terribly slow speeds especially during the weeknights and weekends with Virgin Media non-cable. If you are using their non-cable, then be prepared to keep experiencing these slow speeds.Its VM's servers that is the problem. Nothing you can do other than wait for everyone to sleep.

Im with Cable, and We pay 1p a month. Who can complain really?:w00t:

I'm guessing it must be local Tom. No problems here and no reports on the Status page.

t0mm;2071334

Im with Cable, and We pay 1p a month.

How do you manage that?

Give them a call on 150 from a virgin phoneline and they usually have a recorded message of areas that are having problems.

In past i been with virgin 5 yr then 6 months ago i swapped to bethere cause virgin was getting really **** my advise is ditch virgin.. or suffer
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cat Chat78760
    2. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …11
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769460
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2154

See more discussions