Virgin Media 12 months or 18 months contract scam!

Found 24th Mar
I called to Virgin through some company which was advertised on Carphone Warehouse website. Signed contract with them for 12 months, got confirmation on email with reference number and official Virgin logo and now they charge me £48 instead of £25 as guy from Virgin from complaints department says that my contract is for 18 months and his manager don't have a time and he will call me back today. Obviously I spoko with him 2days ago. What to do?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments
Original Poster
Forgot to add that he said promotional time is over after 12 months...
Are you still within cooling down period?
mrty2 m ago

Are you still within cooling down period?

I doubt it if they have now got charged after promotional period.
Sliwka5 m ago

Forgot to add that he said promotional time is over after 12 months...

If it was indeed 18 months, there isnt much you can do if you dont have evidence of 12 month contract. Alternatively you can see if they can sign you upto another 12 months now on a cheaper deal.
Original Poster
14 month's now and they don't want to cancel it. 50mb + tv
Original Poster
master1015 m ago

If it was indeed 18 months, there isnt much you can do if you dont have …If it was indeed 18 months, there isnt much you can do if you dont have evidence of 12 month contract. Alternatively you can see if they can sign you upto another 12 months now on a cheaper deal.

I have evidence. Confirmation email with reference number which states it's 12 months contract!
I suspect the "offer" was for 12 months, but the contract was 18 months. Read, and re-read the T&C's
Edited by: "artnada" 24th Mar
That's how they sell it to you nowadays. They say £25 for 12 months but it's an 18 month contract so for the last 6 months your payments double in price.

Nothing you can do unless you can prove your contract was for 12 months only and not £25 for 12 months.
All new customer contracts are 18 months, you may receive a promotional price for 6 or 12 months but the contract is 18 months.

If you were an existing customer and phoned up at the end of your contract to get a better deal then you will be on a 12 month contract. One exception is if you move house 18 month contract applies if getting it installed in your new house.
Original Poster
cmdr_elito14 h, 13 m ago

All new customer contracts are 18 months, you may receive a promotional …All new customer contracts are 18 months, you may receive a promotional price for 6 or 12 months but the contract is 18 months.If you were an existing customer and phoned up at the end of your contract to get a better deal then you will be on a 12 month contract. One exception is if you move house 18 month contract applies if getting it installed in your new house.

tiki347114 h, 54 m ago

That's how they sell it to you nowadays. They say £25 for 12 months but …That's how they sell it to you nowadays. They say £25 for 12 months but it's an 18 month contract so for the last 6 months your payments double in price.Nothing you can do unless you can prove your contract was for 12 months only and not £25 for 12 months.

artnada16 h, 46 m ago

I suspect the "offer" was for 12 months, but the contract was 18 months. …I suspect the "offer" was for 12 months, but the contract was 18 months. Read, and re-read the T&C's

33509261-MG9DA.jpg
I'd get on the phone to them or email them with the screenshot and asking them to get it sorted.

Also have they charged you £48 for your first bill? If so that's cause they usually charge you for two months on your first bill.
Edited by: "tiki3471" 25th Mar
Although that is not the contract you may have a case to get out of your contract early, however that also may be difficult as you are also advised to read your contract and should have done so.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants