Virgin Media

Hi

I have been with Virgin Media on the £10 a month 2MB Broadband and today when I got my bill I noticed they charged me £18, I know it has risen since I joined but I had not been informed about the price change!!!!!!

Its a contract and can they do the price up?

20 Comments

£18 is the usual monthly price isnt it and not the promo one
i pay £29.50 for 2mb broadband and xl tv

Original Poster

intenso100;2165138

£18 is the usual monthly price isnt it and not the promo onei pay £29.50 f … £18 is the usual monthly price isnt it and not the promo onei pay £29.50 for 2mb broadband and xl tv

Yea I know I been paying £10 for ages and now they changed it to £18???

oh ur right the prices just gone up from 1st june dont they, pay £31.50 a month for it now
yer but u only pay the promo price for so long, now its full price :-) £10 was for 12 months maybe
but if u r e-bill u save £1 a month also :-)

my bill did exactly the same (the £10 deal was just for 6 months). When I rang them and told them I was thinking of leaving (coz I could get a better deal elsewhere) they then agreed to do another 6 months at £10 per month. You just need to ring and ask in a nice but firm way and they will probably do the same. I've done this about 3 times now and they always adjust it back to £10:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Sash6304;2165158

my bill did exactly the same (the £10 deal was just for 6 months). When … my bill did exactly the same (the £10 deal was just for 6 months). When I rang them and told them I was thinking of leaving (coz I could get a better deal elsewhere) they then agreed to do another 6 months at £10 per month. You just need to ring and ask in a nice but firm way and they will probably do the same. I've done this about 3 times now and they always adjust it back to £10:thumbsup:

Thanks, will ring them in the morning!! Laff if I say ill leave they say FINE!!! :oops:

Naeem786;2165169

Thanks, will ring them in the morning!! Laff if I say ill leave they say … Thanks, will ring them in the morning!! Laff if I say ill leave they say FINE!!! :oops:

They won't I'm sure! I always say that I'm gonna have to look around elswhere and then get back to them unless they can match the £10 offer coz other companies may be doing better deals...
I always point out that I've been a loyal customer and that I have the TV and telephone with them too, just to add to the case. If they say they are not sure if they can match it, ask to speak to a manager... If you don't ask, you don't get!;-)
One of the options when you ring them says: Press... if you are thinking about leaving virgin, - it's so that they can tempt you to stay with new offers!

they wanted £50 for a new card off me the little one hid til i told em i was leaving and suddenly free!!
I wouldnt think tof telling them im going to get a better deal as they are sharks and conmen-sorry if you work for em bu they are!

hate virgin medie aka telewest... just threaten to cancel and push for everything u can get out of them .:oops:

Original Poster

I phoned them and they like we can only do it for £15 and later on if the offer comes on again cancel and re-join as a new customer!! They are not going to do it for £10!!! :x

What other offers are out there? They are good but I must be able to get it cheaper and maybe faster speed than I already have? :thinking:

Original Poster

Any help???????????? Seen 02 are OK, anyone else with them?

Are you ok with a download limit, or are you looking for unlimited?

Original Poster

nipperkipper;2171100

Are you ok with a download limit, or are you looking for unlimited?

I download quite a bit now and then, I was on Unlimited and would prefer this again? Aint 02 unlimited download?

Yeah it is - i just thought maybe if with just casual surfing a deal with a download limit might be cheaper

What tv/mobile packages do you have as the best broadband deals are usually with multiples

Tiscali is another option - i used to be with them before sky - they were ok - nothing special but no real major problems either

Banned

Naeem786;2167590

I phoned them and they like we can only do it for £15 and later on if the … I phoned them and they like we can only do it for £15 and later on if the offer comes on again cancel and re-join as a new customer!! They are not going to do it for £10!!! :xWhat other offers are out there? They are good but I must be able to get it cheaper and maybe faster speed than I already have? :thinking:

do you have any other services with them? Landline phone?

If you are going to pay £15 just for the BB you may as well get phone and BB for £15.50 :?

Original Poster

nipperkipper;2171128

What tv/mobile packages do you have as the best broadband deals are … What tv/mobile packages do you have as the best broadband deals are usually with multiplesTiscali is another option - i used to be with them before sky - they were ok - nothing special but no real major problems either

Dont have any other packages with them just 2 mobile contracts with them which was that offer if you were already with Vigin Media!! I can get up 16MB with 02 for about £10 a month!!

colinsunderland;2171135

do you have any other services with them? Landline phone?If you are going … do you have any other services with them? Landline phone?If you are going to pay £15 just for the BB you may as well get phone and BB for £15.50 :?

Like said above aint got other services and I was thinking that as can get BB, TV and phone for £20 a month!!

Banned

Naeem786;2171162

Dont have any other packages with them just 2 mobile contracts with them … Dont have any other packages with them just 2 mobile contracts with them which was that offer if you were already with Vigin Media!! I can get up 16MB with 02 for about £10 a month!!Like said above aint got other services and I was thinking that as can get BB, TV and phone for £20 a month!!

if you haggle you should get the above and the free tv for £15.50 from virgin

[QUOTE=Naeem786;2171162]Dont have any other packages with them just 2 mobile contracts with them which was that offer if you were already with Vigin Media!! I can get up 16MB with 02 for about £10 a month!!
QUOTE]

I assume you are with o2 as the 10 a month is for o2 customers only. If you are then i dont see many better deals around and i would go for that personally

Original Poster

nipperkipper;2172604

[QUOTE=Naeem786;2171162]Dont have any other packages with them just 2 mobile … [QUOTE=Naeem786;2171162]Dont have any other packages with them just 2 mobile contracts with them which was that offer if you were already with Vigin Media!! I can get up 16MB with 02 for about £10 a month!!QUOTE]I assume you are with o2 as the 10 a month is for o2 customers only. If you are then i dont see many better deals around and i would go for that personally

I am a PAYG customer as I need to top up £10 every 3 months but thinking may take a contract out with them!!

Original Poster

Sorted!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Got it for £10 a month just need to get the right person on the other end, some of them are clueless and talk without thinkng!!!

Thanks all!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764192
    2. What do these 2 men have in common11
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846156
    4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1421

See more discussions