Found 27th Nov 2016
cancelled my package yesterday. ( contract ending 26 dec)

reordering on different name online today, using I m moving in as I am new to virgin media ( even tho been here for ages )

order form asking if it is current address ( yes ) , residential status (tenant ) and length of stay at property( few years)

would giving those truthful answer be ok or do I need to play it differently? as I can only select, I m moving in, so cant be there for years then they mightr ask where I lived before?

10 Comments

Time you have lived at property will be used in credit check so your right in making sure thats accurate.

I'm lost as to why you didn't cancel and wait for them to ring you back. My bill was £54 or £56 each month... Rang to cancel they said ok, then 7 days later rang to offer a better deal of £40 a month.
My two friend did the same last week and got there bill cut.
I'm getting 150meg, M+ TV package and phone

We did exactly the same thing a couple of months ago. We canceled our contract (had been with VM on and off for nearly 20 years) then took out a new contract to start at our new house, no issues what so ever, even with quidco.

Original Poster

Toon_army

I'm lost as to why you didn't cancel and wait for them to ring you back. … I'm lost as to why you didn't cancel and wait for them to ring you back. My bill was £54 or £56 each month... Rang to cancel they said ok, then 7 days later rang to offer a better deal of £40 a month.My two friend did the same last week and got there bill cut.I'm getting 150meg, M+ TV package and phone

paying line rental saver + £ 14 / months for 50 mbs. don't need phone line
thinking to get the £18 broadband only with £50 credit , black Friday deal.

Original Poster

degudodger

We did exactly the same thing a couple of months ago. We canceled our … We did exactly the same thing a couple of months ago. We canceled our contract (had been with VM on and off for nearly 20 years) then took out a new contract to start at our new house, no issues what so ever, even with quidco.

mine is new contract in same house , just with different name , while still in the 30 days notice period

A bit off track but may I add that it's great when you start a new contract at a low price. Then they increase the price throughout the contract term. It's annoying. It's like me saying, "yeah from now on virgin media, I'm paying you a couple of quid less each month". But of course we wouldn't be allowed to do that! My contract began at £24.99 and its now £31.49 per month. If you enter a contract it should be at the price you agreed upon when initiating the contract stay that price during the term of the contract. Apologies for the off topic comment!

I want to do this. I've been with Virgin 8yrs, every couple of years I speak to retentions and get my package shuffled about and bill reduced. Can never get a fab deal like they offer new customers though obviously. As it stands in paying £44 for 50mb broadband, M TV and weekend only calls. Facing another £5 per month hike in Feb -ish. As PP stated, if you enter a contract it should remain that figure. So frustrating!

If they put up your contracted price then you have 28 days to cancel. I had a £3 increase recently called up to cancel and they gave me £12 a month off a new 12 month contract. They should of just left it alone as the discount was much better than the increase.

Oh if you disconnect you have to wait 30 days to reconnect unless you live with someone else then they can reconnect the very next day in their name on new deal. You can even use the same bank details. They rely on you not knowing this stuff but I have an inside source I never pay more than a new customer and often get a £50 to £100 bill credit. Sign up then cancel before install saying sky want cancellation fees. Be bold and have a second name in case they call your bluff you can't lose.

Original Poster

Millsey321

Oh if you disconnect you have to wait 30 days to reconnect unless you … Oh if you disconnect you have to wait 30 days to reconnect unless you live with someone else then they can reconnect the very next day in their name on new deal. You can even use the same bank details. They rely on you not knowing this stuff but I have an inside source I never pay more than a new customer and often get a £50 to £100 bill credit. Sign up then cancel before install saying sky want cancellation fees. Be bold and have a second name in case they call your bluff you can't lose.

So partner can get new virgin contract( different name ), while my virgin contract is still on 30 days noticed.
Even tho , she will be filling online order as being leaving in property for years! Right ?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions