virgin media ...

So not been happy with virgin prices for what we get so we waited for our contract to finish to go elsewhere ( prob sky) ...... tho after reading some of the virgin questions/ answers on here we were hoping they would offer us something good to stay ( the call back after cancelling). They phoned 2 days later but didnt offer us anything great so we turned it down ..... question is will they phone again or is that it ? Thank you in advance

18 Comments

That's surprising that they didn't offer you anything good? May I ask what they offered you? I'm still waiting for a phone call after my cancellation. Don't think I'm going to get one as I don't have a landline plugged in and they don't seem to ring mobiles linked to your account.

Sky are also increasing their prices, it was also in the news that they said the cost of the football was going up so expect to pay even more to subsidise that should you move
Edited by: "westy125" 29th Jan

You want to move just because they lift prices £3-£5 a month?
Not worth to move, SKY, BT worst

Your problem is if you move you won't have the best. If you are happy with that just pick the cheapest you can find and trust to that you land in a part of Sky or BT etc that work well. You get what you pay for and another option is to reduce your package with VM to a price you are happy with.

How long are you from the cut-off date? I had received two calls from detentions after I gave my notice, one early on and another about halfway. I didn't accept what was offered at the time in hope that I would manage to find something better out there. In the end I didn't see anything interesting and rang them back 5 days before the cut-off. Spoke with customer service and told them I had a missed call from the retentions team. They made a note and emailed retentions to call me. I also asked that they ring my mobile rather than my landline. I got the call the next day and renewed for another 12 months: £18/ month for 70mb BB only + free Superhub 3.

im in the same boat virgin put prices up twice in 6 month im paying 33 pound a month and only pay for internet no tv ripoff i think the internet speed i get is shocking

Obviously I meant "retentions" not "detentions" in line 2. On ipad and cannot edit.

nakis76

How long are you from the cut-off date? I had received two calls from … How long are you from the cut-off date? I had received two calls from detentions after I gave my notice, one early on and another about halfway. I didn't accept what was offered at the time in hope that I would manage to find something better out there. In the end I didn't see anything interesting and rang them back 5 days before the cut-off. Spoke with customer service and told them I had a missed call from the retentions team. They made a note and emailed retentions to call me. I also asked that they ring my mobile rather than my landline. I got the call the next day and renewed for another 12 months: £18/ month for 70mb BB only + free Superhub 3.

Let's hope you don't watch any discovery networks channels Inc Eurosports on sky, as they are off in 3 days and the way both sides are talking I can't see it getting resolved before then..

How long have you been with VM? If you've been with them for a couple of years, they should offer you something good, it probably depends on the retention advisor, i suggest ringing again with a deal in mind (what you'd like from them)

I have been with them for 18 yrs. Had M TV package, 50Mb Broadband & Unlimited daytime calls for £53.97 month. Rang them 1st time and they offered me a £30 loyalty discount and nothing else. 2 days later I rang to cancel unless they gave me the same as Vodafone 38Mb Unlimited Broadband & Free calls after 6 & at weekends for £27 Month. They did not offer me anything to keep me so I left. Following day they were phoning my wife to say there is an issue with my account. They also called the following day until my Son asked them why they were phoning as I was leaving. Word of warning. If you have one of their e mail addresses they close it down 90 days after you leave. They have no incentives to keep their loyal customers. So £324 a year saving for me.

I was also with VM for about 18 years, they swore they were going to renew my loyalty discount to stay with them, but when it came time for the renewal they said that discount couldn't be made as they'd just cancelled it.... funny enough after I.signed up for another contract with them.

When I queried it and asked to speak to a manager they simply said that the advisor hadn't made a note of the discount so they didn't have to deal with it any further. So as soon as I heard they were increasing bills for the second time in a year it left a loop hole to get. out. of their contract, if I acted within 30days..So I went through Broadband Choices & Quidco to get the best deal with SKY and cashback of their initial set up fees.

Will stick with SKY until their 12month deal with me runs out, then I'm off to whoever has the next best deal. Determined to not get into sticking with another provider because of apathy ever again!

You could just switch between virgin and sky each year as i find that as new customers, you get lots of discount to reel you in.

I wouldn't bother with Virgin or Sky TV just get a broadband only contract with Virgin and get Freesat or Freeview Tv

SweeneyUK

That's surprising that they didn't offer you anything good? May I ask … That's surprising that they didn't offer you anything good? May I ask what they offered you? I'm still waiting for a phone call after my cancellation. Don't think I'm going to get one as I don't have a landline plugged in and they don't seem to ring mobiles linked to your account.

Yes they do ring mobiles, they call my husbands mobile at least once a month trying to get him to upgrade! They are a pain in the a*** and ignore you when you tell them that you do not want any marketing calls!

jmb

Yes they do ring mobiles, they call my husbands mobile at least once a … Yes they do ring mobiles, they call my husbands mobile at least once a month trying to get him to upgrade! They are a pain in the a*** and ignore you when you tell them that you do not want any marketing calls!

​They must not want my business then as iv not had a phone call since I cancelled over 3 weeks ago.

I asked to cancel because they weren't giving me a good offer. My contract was due to end on the 15th Feb. They called me today and asked if they could convince me to stay. After a lot of negotiating they finally offered me Unlimited anytime calls. Talk international 1000 (which is really handy for me as I have family in USA) 70mb broadband and the latest router for £26 a month. Including line rental. I think that's a good deal so I took the offer.

dreamz

I asked to cancel because they weren't giving me a good offer. My … I asked to cancel because they weren't giving me a good offer. My contract was due to end on the 15th Feb. They called me today and asked if they could convince me to stay. After a lot of negotiating they finally offered me Unlimited anytime calls. Talk international 1000 (which is really handy for me as I have family in USA) 70mb broadband and the latest router for £26 a month. Including line rental. I think that's a good deal so I took the offer.

Just make sure that the full offer has been recorded/noted by the Retention Dept advisor, or they'll have room to get out of you taking them up on the offer as they did with me.

hame1mahey

Just make sure that the full offer has been recorded/noted by the … Just make sure that the full offer has been recorded/noted by the Retention Dept advisor, or they'll have room to get out of you taking them up on the offer as they did with me.

Yeh they have done that to me before. I called about an hour later and asked them to check the offer for me and they did confirm it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
    3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
    4. Apples new update610

See more discussions