Found 15th Jun
Help needed please ...I have been ripped off by virgin media...I was on retention deal for 12 months since december 2016 for £38 but today i found out that the guy from virgin media only gave it for 6 months..and now i am on higher bundle which is £50...they give you retention deal but they put down wrong information on their side...be aware...

25 Comments

They can trace the call and reimburse the difference.

Original Poster

Thanks...how do i go about it?

You receive a contract straight away off them when you get a new deal/retention deal and this would have said 6 months on it. If it says 12 then you have an argument. If you didn't read your new contract then you'll have to hope they have 12 months written in their notes on the system, (quite possible they do)

They are well known for this type of stunt. Tried similar with me then told me they couldn't access the recording of the call. Virgin Media. AVOID!!

They do this often.

Apparently 'customer will call in to reapply discount' doesn't mean that they need to reapply the discount, just that I will call in!

Well after bashing a few heads, they reapplied it.

But horrible company sometimes.

Banned

They did exactly this to me! They kept on 'searching' for the call recording but never found it. Eventually i got connected to a UK worker who quickly sorted out the matter, such a hassle virgin media are.

Original Poster

i just spoke to retention department and he is so rude and not done anything...keep telling me that he cant do anything and they dont record calls...

sham4all

i just spoke to retention department and he is so rude and not done … i just spoke to retention department and he is so rude and not done anything...keep telling me that he cant do anything and they dont record calls...

Was the original deal over the phone? Call back and say I'm leaving. When they say you are in affixed contract, reply and say prove it, as you don't record these calls. If you do then show me evidence.

Problem is, did you get an email or anything when signing back up? Is there anything there in small print, how long offer is on for

Original Poster

yes deal was over the phone...i dont think i received any documents...they told me i have to pay 240 pounds for cancelling the contract...Thanks

Original Poster

they told me i have to pay 240 pound to cancel the contract...

sham4all

yes deal was over the phone...i dont think i received any … yes deal was over the phone...i dont think i received any documents...they told me i have to pay 240 pounds for cancelling the contract...Thanks

Sorry to hear this. I would still push, hopefully get someone useful, but say prove where I agreed to contract. there should be something, even if you disregarded email, they will have copy.

Hope this helps

Scumbags

sham4all

they told me i have to pay 240 pound to cancel the contract...

You: my contract expired ages ago.8)
VM: uhmm no it didn't.(_;)
You: prove it.:{

Since they don't record calls there should be no evidence that you actually agreed to a new contract. Simple.

Luckily I have taken transcripts of online chats and also screenshotted emails just incase this happens.

Last time I had an argument with Virgin Media they told me that they couldn't access communications with other call centres (I assume that they have several both in the UK and elsewhere). Eventually I did get through to someone who sorted everything out quite quickly but it was probably the third or fourth call before this happened.

I would suggest making a few more calls until you get someone who agrees to do what you want - if I recall the successful time was about 11AM on a weekday. It is probably best to avoid evenings and weekends when I suspect that Virgin subcontract their calls to an answering service who read from a script.

SkullKing13001 h, 10 m ago

You: my contract expired ages ago.8)VM: uhmm no it didn't.(_;)You: prove …You: my contract expired ages ago.8)VM: uhmm no it didn't.(_;)You: prove it.:{Since they don't record calls there should be no evidence that you actually agreed to a new contract. Simple.

this, if they don't have a record of the call tell them to show proof you agreed to a new xx month contract and if they can't you want to cancel without penalty.

Original Poster

i dont believe this that i am being ripped off like that...i am really frustrated...Thanks for all your help...i will try calling them again tomorrow...

best way go online email a complaint to customer relations. your issue will be sorted.

Virgin Media calls ARE recorded and in order to access them you need to speak to the retentions dept. If you have no luck then in order to access them you would need to wrote into the CEOs office and ask for the call or transcript to be listened to. Also...when you call in you can raise a complaint. If its not resolved by a team manager then it is escalated to the COMMS.. You can liase with CICAS and the Financial Ombudsman.
The problem you will have is that when you "agreed " to the retentions deal you would have had a new contract sent out.

Finally, you can ask for a complaint to be raised against the agent you spoke to.

Hope this helps.

They do this to me EVERY year. The reason I'm still with them is I can't get fibre with anyone else in my area. However, I call back every time and get it sorted. The guys on customer services typically dont have a clue and WILL try to fob you off. Ask to speak to a manager and they will transfer you through to someone in the UK and they're usually good and sort it out as the systems are noted with what was agreed

Virgin media are awful. I wouldn't touch them if they were the only tv company in the country. Their customer service is diabolical

When you sign back up for retention deal verbally, they send you a copy of the contract by email that you click on to say you agree with the terms, then about a week later you get a paper copy of the new contract through the post.
That's the proof you need.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the help...highly apprrciated...

sham4all

Thanks everyone for the help...highly apprrciated...

​If you complain on Twitter/Facebook etc companies hate it as lots of other people see it. They'll soon sort it out.

I'd complain ano keep doing so and they will reimburse you. I complained over social media and they don't like that!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's this on my neighbours roof?1112
    2. Renewing sportsmania.rocks610
    3. Whey protien46
    4. Is this junction box wired properly??610

See more discussions