virgin media

Hi,

Does anyone know if Virgin Media upgrade 'wired' modems for a wireless one?

I don't want to wait for aaaaaages on the phone to them to be told I have to pay for a wireless one

thank you for your help in advance

19 Comments

i have XL everything tv, internet, phone and i have for years i rang up about one and just got told that i had 2 pay £40 but if i was a new customer i could of had it free

Original Poster

Hmm sounds pretty typical of Virgin Neil. Thanks for the post. DId you buy a wireless modem off them or did you go elsewhere?

roars;3773364

Hmm sounds pretty typical of Virgin Neil. Thanks for the post. DId you … Hmm sounds pretty typical of Virgin Neil. Thanks for the post. DId you buy a wireless modem off them or did you go elsewhere?

i had a wireless router so i just pluged it into my virgin modem. i wouldn't pay £40 on principle i've been with them 5 years and pay about 60 a month, i said i'll leave and go sky and put the phone down that was last week not rang back or wrote to me, you never no

I have xl bb,tv,phone,
and i got one for nothing,
i rang up 3 times,first 2 wouldnt give me router,
but nice lady on third try did,
depends on who you get,mind you i had mine since launch day,a few months now.

Going by this thread you just have to phone and pay £7.50 P&P for a free wireless router if ur an existing customer ! :thumbsup:

digitalspy.co.uk/for…661

i rang a fair few times and they wouldnt give me one,threatened to leave them in the end and got one for £7.50 (delivery charge only)

i ended up buying one from fleabay for £23. worked well. just search virgin+router+108mbps

Got one of these, does the trick
]http//ww…id=

virgin should give all there customers one for free,
most isp's come with a wireless router,free of charge.

Banned

Mardyass;3773672

i rang a fair few times and they wouldnt give me one,threatened to leave … i rang a fair few times and they wouldnt give me one,threatened to leave them in the end and got one for £7.50 (delivery charge only)

yep - "thats the way to do it" (excuse the pun mardyass :p)

daz196;3774801

virgin should give all there customers one for free,most isp's come with … virgin should give all there customers one for free,most isp's come with a wireless router,free of charge.

Then you get ****** service in general, most isps that give free routers arent the best barring O2/BE since you get nothing for free in this world so you will suffer with bad quality ****.

do you use the virgin wireless router instead of the modem or do you still need it

[email protected];3782321

do you use the virgin wireless router instead of the modem or do you … do you use the virgin wireless router instead of the modem or do you still need it

You need a modem as there isnt one with a router built in.

[email protected];3782321

do you use the virgin wireless router instead of the modem or do you … do you use the virgin wireless router instead of the modem or do you still need it

You still need it!!

On the topic of this cant I use the 02 wireless box with my PS3 without getting a router?

Banned

Naeem786;3782345

You still need it!!On the topic of this cant I use the 02 wireless box … You still need it!!On the topic of this cant I use the 02 wireless box with my PS3 without getting a router?

a wireless box is a router :?

csiman;3786067

a wireless box is a router :?

Work as modem dont it? As need a 02 dongle for it to work?

Banned

Naeem786;3797645

Work as modem dont it? As need a 02 dongle for it to work?

I cannot understand what you are saying.

csiman;3798216

I cannot understand what you are saying.

lol...basically got a 02 broadband and got the internet and on the setup aksed if want wirelss and clicked yes and asked to connect a 02 dongle so get it working? So thinking the PS3 wont pick it up will it? As did not create user name and make a password.

Banned

Naeem786;3798353

lol...basically got a 02 broadband and got the internet and on the setup … lol...basically got a 02 broadband and got the internet and on the setup aksed if want wirelss and clicked yes and asked to connect a 02 dongle so get it working? So thinking the PS3 wont pick it up will it? As did not create user name and make a password.

try a scan on your ps3 and it should find an unsecured network if you havent set a username and password. Mind you, all your neighbours can use your conenction too! :?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
    2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
    3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
    4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions