Virgin media

Posted 18th May
Hi guys! We’re coming to the end of our virgin media account 12 month introductory offer. They have offered £110 a month for the package (which is in my partners name) over the next 12 months. If I was to go and register as a new customer and with cashback etc I could get it for £89 a month. Anyone had any luck doing it in the past and/or is it more hassle than it’s worth?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
You have to call or webchat, threaten to cancel to get a decent price. They will rarely offer a decent price so go ahead with the cancellation. (it takes 30 days), within a few days retention team will call you and ask what deal you want.

Don't ask for anything ridiculous and they will usually match or beat new customer prices

Its a pain but its the only way to get a good deal from them.

I'm currently paying £49pm for 350Mb and full Tv (minus Sky sport/Movies)
Uridium18/05/2020 13:53

You have to call or webchat, threaten to cancel to get a decent price. …You have to call or webchat, threaten to cancel to get a decent price. They will rarely offer a decent price so go ahead with the cancellation. (it takes 30 days), within a few days retention team will call you and ask what deal you want. Don't ask for anything ridiculous and they will usually match or beat new customer pricesIts a pain but its the only way to get a good deal from them. I'm currently paying £49pm for 350Mb and full Tv (minus Sky sport/Movies)

Really appreciate this mate, the deal they were offering was awful. I’ve had a shop around elsewhere but seems to be no deals at all, I’m guessing due to Covid. I will report back with what del I get 😄
Don't be afraid to cancel. Its not a done deal, you can "Cancel the Cancellation" at any point up to your termination date.
Uridium18/05/2020 14:15

Don't be afraid to cancel. Its not a done deal, you can "Cancel the …Don't be afraid to cancel. Its not a done deal, you can "Cancel the Cancellation" at any point up to your termination date.

This. I’ve done this the last 3 years for my other in law. Was astounded to find she was paying over £100 a month for one box and broadband. Had been a customer for over 20 years and never really fought the price increases. She’s now got 2 boxes, 350mb broadband and unlimited landline calls (old school, I know) for £50 a month with all channels except sports.

The initial offer was £90 a month via cancellations before retentions called back.

You have to call or webchat, threaten to cancel to get a decent price. …You have to call or webchat, threaten to cancel to get a decent price. They will rarely offer a decent price so go ahead with the cancellation. (it takes 30 days), within a few days retention team will call you and ask what deal you want. Don't ask for anything ridiculous and they will usually match or beat new customer pricesIts a pain but its the only way to get a good deal from them. I'm currently paying £49pm for 350Mb and full Tv (minus Sky sport/Movies)

Who do you say you’ll move to when they ask
Kraezae18/05/2020 14:31

This. I’ve done this the last 3 years for my other in law. Was astounded t …This. I’ve done this the last 3 years for my other in law. Was astounded to find she was paying over £100 a month for one box and broadband. Had been a customer for over 20 years and never really fought the price increases. She’s now got 2 boxes, 350mb broadband and unlimited landline calls (old school, I know) for £50 a month with all channels except sports.The initial offer was £90 a month via cancellations before retentions called back.

I have the biggest package they’ve got (cant remember it’s name) 500mb internet, 5g sim with unlimited everything, 2 boxes, all the channels including sport. My aim is to go in with £70 a month and use the SIM card as a bargaining tool as I don’t actually use it
snoopy1818/05/2020 15:10

Wouldn’t sky be dearer?

Nope, most new customers offers will be cheaper than your paying. You don’t need to give a real reason why cancelling, just say it’s too expensive and you’ll do without it
Kraezae18/05/2020 15:11

Nope, most new customers offers will be cheaper than your paying. You …Nope, most new customers offers will be cheaper than your paying. You don’t need to give a real reason why cancelling, just say it’s too expensive and you’ll do without it

But check the actual new customer offers along with any cashback available before you say they are cheaper. That way, you can show you have done your homework, if asked.
I've just seen this post, I've just posted my own about contacting them as our contract is up in June. Have tou managed to get hold of Virgin Media?
I’ve just rang them, it was easy to get through, 10 minute wait,
I was paying £60 and they knocked it down to £45 so I was happy enough with that
snoopy1818/05/2020 15:39

I’ve just rang them, it was easy to get through, 10 minute wait, I was p …I’ve just rang them, it was easy to get through, 10 minute wait, I was paying £60 and they knocked it down to £45 so I was happy enough with that

Good news! 25% saving is a good result
Kraezae18/05/2020 15:59

Good news! 25% saving is a good result

Yes it was painless, usually I have to cancel and get a call back .

£48 a month here for weekend calls full tv bt sport (no skysport or movies) 200mb broadband and an extra TiVo box upstairs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions