Virgin media

Posted 1st Jun 2020
Evening all, just had a call from retentions who offered me 100mb broadband only for £25. Just wondering if that’s about right?
Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
35 Comments
I was offered 21£ for 50mbps
I pay £36 for 200mbps so sounds right
Edited by: "Haz_19" 1st Jun
dave.richardsonskV01/06/2020 19:31

I was offered 21£ for 50mbps

Yeah I was offered that also but think we need a bit more than that. I know now tv and voda have a decent deal on at the moment so was just wonder what other people have been offered
It’s a good offer I’d take it
I got a call today too. Claimed they were working from home and using a mobile number. Was this the same for you?
Ye
strawzz01/06/2020 19:43

I got a call today too. Claimed they were working from home and using a …I got a call today too. Claimed they were working from home and using a mobile number. Was this the same for you?

Yeah thought it was weird a mobile number calling me
strawzz01/06/2020 19:43

I got a call today too. Claimed they were working from home and using a …I got a call today too. Claimed they were working from home and using a mobile number. Was this the same for you?

Yes but they can confirm Ur details to avoid cold callers
8ndy01/06/2020 19:44

YeYeah thought it was weird a mobile number calling me

Oh ok was a bit sceptical. I'm in contract with Sky so they said they'll call me back later in the year.
strawzz01/06/2020 19:45

Oh ok was a bit sceptical. I'm in contract with Sky so they said they'll …Oh ok was a bit sceptical. I'm in contract with Sky so they said they'll call me back later in the year.

Just had my contract renewal email though and it’s showing as £26 a month. We agreed on £25 virgin couldn’t run a pi&& up in a brewery
Keep on pushing currently paying £19 for 200mbps for the past two years
8ndy01/06/2020 19:50

Just had my contract renewal email though and it’s showing as £26 a month. …Just had my contract renewal email though and it’s showing as £26 a month. We agreed on £25 virgin couldn’t run a pi&& up in a brewery

Cooling of 14 days
Jones199501/06/2020 19:51

How you managed to get it that cheap?
£20 here for 200 they called and asked why we were leaving told them we were paying £20 last year which we were on a tiered 18 month deal of £17, 6 months, £20 for £9 and £26 the restand they just gave it to us. Just wish I had said £17 originally.

a tip for next time ask the question before you put in your cancellation gives you more to play with.
Edited by: "eslick" 1st Jun
8ndy01/06/2020 19:59

How you managed to get it that cheap?

It's user/account/staff specific. No guarantee anyone else will get it. I'm paying £24/month for 100mb. The more you push them and hand in your notice, then wait for a call back, the better the chances of getting a better deal.

But you run the run risk of getting no call back or no decent deal. And a very upset household.......
Gollywood01/06/2020 20:19

It's user/account/staff specific. No guarantee anyone else will get it. …It's user/account/staff specific. No guarantee anyone else will get it. I'm paying £24/month for 100mb. The more you push them and hand in your notice, then wait for a call back, the better the chances of getting a better deal.But you run the run risk of getting no call back or no decent deal. And a very upset household.......

That’s the trouble, god forbid our two lads couldn’t play roblox or watch YouTube
8ndy01/06/2020 20:22

That’s the trouble, god forbid our two lads couldn’t play roblox or watch Y …That’s the trouble, god forbid our two lads couldn’t play roblox or watch YouTube

That's why I'll haggle & plead poverty as much as I can in the initial call & hope they'll offer something then. Not handed in my notice for about 3-4 years. I know I may not have the deals that some on here get but I have continuity of service and no more stress speaking to VM

Just had my contract renewal email though and it’s showing as £26 a month. …Just had my contract renewal email though and it’s showing as £26 a month. We agreed on £25 virgin couldn’t run a pi&& up in a brewery

Lol. Yeah same reason i ended up leaving them. Offered me a deal over the phone but email was more expensive.
I've been £25pm for 100 since I took the MSE deal in September last year, managed to also get TCB to payout and claimed a highest cashback guarantee totalling £128 deal came with bill credit of 3 months too.
This is the first month I've had to actually pay my own money.

Dreading renegotiation, especially since Voxi announced today they can count from next weekend.

That's why I recommend recording any calls you have with Virgin etc.
ncd01/06/2020 22:50

That's why I recommend recording any calls you have with Virgin etc.

What app do you use pal?
8ndy01/06/2020 22:54

What app do you use pal?

I've got a Xiaomi 9T which has a call record function in it, but prior to this I used Cube ACR - Call Recorder. From a legal standpoint you have to tell this person you are speaking to that you are recording the call.
ncd02/06/2020 06:51

I've got a Xiaomi 9T which has a call record function in it, but prior to …I've got a Xiaomi 9T which has a call record function in it, but prior to this I used Cube ACR - Call Recorder. From a legal standpoint you have to tell this person you are speaking to that you are recording the call.

you don't have to disclose that you are recording the call if its for personal use - you can refer to it in the future but can't publicise it without consent - but if you are challenging VM on their offer - they will have their own records so your call refernce can only make your case stronger.... then again, its a lot of hassle for broadband price haggling.
Jones199501/06/2020 19:51

Is that with SKY or VM ? I am paying £34 but includes anytime calls on VM, which sounds a bit high when I see what you all seem to be paying.
40949022-J5C9t.jpg
Satchmo02/06/2020 08:01

Is that with SKY or VM ? I am paying £34 but includes anytime calls on …Is that with SKY or VM ? I am paying £34 but includes anytime calls on VM, which sounds a bit high when I see what you all seem to be paying.

That's with Virgin
i'm paying £47.70 for 200mb and Talk Anytime
Ivor-NoReasonToCare01/06/2020 20:43

I've been £25pm for 100 since I took the MSE deal in September last year, …I've been £25pm for 100 since I took the MSE deal in September last year, managed to also get TCB to payout and claimed a highest cashback guarantee totalling £128 deal came with bill credit of 3 months too.This is the first month I've had to actually pay my own money.Dreading renegotiation, especially since Voxi announced today they can count from next weekend.

sorry, what did voxi say?
killabyte02/06/2020 15:24

No longer unlimited internet on the £10 package
Edited by: "8ndy" 2nd Jun
MSU_9802/06/2020 12:33

[Image]

how did you manage that? i'm currently in the process of cancelling. My Line Rental Saver finished in May so my bills have shot up from £28 to £48. I have tried haggling but best i got was £42 for 200mb and talk anytime. Told them i want to cancel but as my contract finishes in September 20, they said i need to pay a cancellation fee. I was furious and told them to go ahead and cancel, i agreed to pay the fee!!
Pay £24 for 100mb no phone line
killabyte02/06/2020 15:24

End of Unlimited Internet from 11/6/20

Texts sent out on Monday
I’ve been with Virgin media for about 20 years. Well NTL before they took over. My contract is up now. Just been on the phone with retentions and they can’t offer me much of a deal. So I’m now on a £42 pm rolling contract for 100mb. What’s the best broadband only deal out there? The house doesn’t have a telephone line to it. I only been broadband but would like to hear from people that have used/use any company other than VM.

Any help would be great. I’ve only ever been with them so moving to a new isp is new to me. CityFibre finished the work in my street months ago in Leeds. But can’t find any info on when they will go live.
£44 for 350mbps, and phoneline here.
When people are posting what they are currently paying, is that what the monthly virgin bill is or are they saying its after quidco/topcashback?
Post a comment
@
    Text