Virgin media

Posted 18th Jun
Im currently on the 100 mb bundle with virgin which includes broadband, phone line with any time calls and basic TV. I'm paying £64 for the package which I'm sure you can agree is far too much. I called up CS today, complaining about the drop in speed and the very frequent drops in connection. I assume this has to do with the infamous superhub 3. so they concluded to send me another one. LOL.
I tried discussing with them getting any sort of discount and they told me it's not up to them. Im more than upset so I need any tips guys because clearly I'm paying too much. ( due to my own negligence aswell).

sidenote: I've been mulling over whether to buy the deco M5 which is currently £135 and expires today. should I bite the bullet because the internet has been awful for gaming and work. also very weak signal on the top floor.

THANKS IN ADVANCE. I really appreciate it.
😄
Community Updates
Ask
28 Comments
I've got superhub 3 and VM 100mb and have never had any issues with the hub mostly get around 108mbps (5ghz). I'm on VM xl broadband TV and weekend calls and it's 90 quid a month and when I queried it they gave me 3 quid off a month 🙈 . Just tell them you wanna leave (if your not in contract) or make a formal complaint
Edited by: "DaveG46" 18th Jun
Your paying way too much 100mb is currently £24 a month alone.

Cancel, then wait for a call back. Or sign up as a new customer. Basic tv isn't worth paying for but surely it shouldn't be in more than £30 a month altogether?
bally1234518/06/2020 09:50

Your paying way too much 100mb is currently £24 a month alone.Cancel, then …Your paying way too much 100mb is currently £24 a month alone.Cancel, then wait for a call back. Or sign up as a new customer. Basic tv isn't worth paying for but surely it shouldn't be in more than £30 a month altogether?

They told me that just 100 mb and phone line would be around £58 alone. I told them I'm thinking about leaving and she just offered condolences?! Is it possible to leave and sign up in someone elses name as they have quite a few offers on currently?
DaveG4618/06/2020 09:38

I've got superhub 3 and VM 100mb and have never had any issues with the …I've got superhub 3 and VM 100mb and have never had any issues with the hub mostly get around 108mbps (5ghz). I'm on VM xl broadband TV and weekend calls and it's 90 quid a month and when I queried it they gave me 3 quid off a month 🙈 . Just tell them you wanna leave (if your not in contract) or make a formal complaint

I feel like your in the same boat as me. Watch out for other comments on this thread. Hopefully it helps us both and many more😄
They have broadband and phone for £33 p/m on their website for new customers for 12 months.

Tell them to match that at least.

I'm currently on 350M (broadband only) and pay £35.
Edited by: "D3SI" 18th Jun
pay £20 for 200 BB only, I am looking for the cheap M4 to coming back, and will be going for one of those. Never had an issue with the superhub 3 until a few weeks ago when ours started to get hot. They sent a new one and we went from 100mbs on 2.4 to less than 10, averaged 5 or 6 and down to 0.03. After a lot of back and forth they sent another one, that is better but speeds are still poor and doesnt do the same distance the original one did. Their excuse is they cannot guarantee the speeds, and wouldnt listen when I said but the old one got 100, blamed it on walls etc and couldnt answer when I said the walls have not changed!

Have looked at the M5 but think the M4 are enough when they are on offer at £99.
Leave them rip off merchants.
I'm paying £21 for vm100. Dropped the phone line, do we even use a home telephone anymore.
Dropped the basic TV package. Got a £10 indoor Ariel from Amazon & get the same channels for free, some in HD.
You have to go through the course of leaving. Once termination date is given you will almost certainly be called by the retention team. They will cry like a love struck teeny bopper not to leave them and offer you a very competitive deal.
You will kiss and make up and live happily till the 12 months contract is over , then you have to do to I'm leaving , kissy make up thing again.
Edited by: "adamderak" 18th Jun
I am on 100mb with phone line anytime calls , basic TV, and its £34, they seem to charge whatever they want, are the staff on some sort of commission, which is in relation as to how much they can get a customer to pay.
Also , my 100mb is rubbish - never get more than 54mb, but as I originally signed up for 50mb I can see what Customer service would say, that I am lucky to get 54.
VM service has been terrible so many dropouts etc I am just not ready to go through all the agro to get a new contract either with VM or anyone else.
bally1234518/06/2020 09:50

Your paying way too much 100mb is currently £24 a month alone.Cancel, then …Your paying way too much 100mb is currently £24 a month alone.Cancel, then wait for a call back.

^This....

You HAVE to cancel and wait for a call back, only way to get a good deal from VM....
Satchmo18/06/2020 10:15

I am on 100mb with phone line anytime calls , basic TV, and its £34, they …I am on 100mb with phone line anytime calls , basic TV, and its £34, they seem to charge whatever they want, are the staff on some sort of commission, which is in relation as to how much they can get a customer to pay.Also , my 100mb is rubbish - never get more than 54mb, but as I originally signed up for 50mb I can see what Customer service would say, that I am lucky to get 54.VM service has been terrible so many dropouts etc I am just not ready to go through all the agro to get a new contract either with VM or anyone else.

Is it really only 100Mbps though or is that your WiFi speed?....You need to test via a cable connection to see what speed you are really getting.
Currently get 350MB, unlimited calls on landline (yes a landline lol), basic tv and a WiFi extenders for £45 a month. Been on it 3 years.
Will say I can only get about 40 WiFi to my laptop on 2.4 but 108 ish usually on my mobile and tablet via 5ghz
I can never get a good deal out of them, they know i would never/ cant leave they know how much data i use and how slow the alternatives are in the area, they have basically got me over a barrel
Uridium18/06/2020 11:09

Is it really only 100Mbps though or is that your WiFi speed?....You need …Is it really only 100Mbps though or is that your WiFi speed?....You need to test via a cable connection to see what speed you are really getting.

Yes its the Wi-fi speed, will try it via cable
200mb
All channels apart from sky sport sky movie

£49 pm £170 cash back so about £30 pm
ding18/06/2020 12:28

I can never get a good deal out of them, they know i would never/ cant …I can never get a good deal out of them, they know i would never/ cant leave they know how much data i use and how slow the alternatives are in the area, they have basically got me over a barrel

Have you actually rang them and cancelled? I'm the same, terrible BT line so can only get around 20Mbps elsewhere. Every year I have to do the cancellation dance with VM, ring them cancel, wait a few days and get a call back from retentions with a decent offer.

currently paying £54pm for Full TV (minus Sky Sport and Movies) and 350Mbps BB with a £50 bill credit.
I switched from virgin to sky it says the internet is slower but useing it day to day its feels no different and saved £70 a month
I pay £24 for the same package as you and I haven't connected the basic TV box. Its rubbish. I asked them to remove the TV pack last month
I pay £10 for the same package with free landline weekend and evening calls. Although mine was a glitch.
Having used and tested 7 mesh wifi system with Virgin broadband in the last 1 year, I can recommend Tenda MW6 to you. It is worth every penny. It is the second best that i have tested with Virgin. The best being Netgear `RBK50.
Edited by: "JesusisLord" 18th Jun
I’ve got the deco M5 as I always had issues with wireless internet on the virgin hub, also tried buying another wireless router and wireless powerline adaptors. Since getting the M5 not a single problem anywhere in the house, highly recommended!
worf20118/06/2020 23:25

I’ve got the deco M5 as I always had issues with wireless internet on the v …I’ve got the deco M5 as I always had issues with wireless internet on the virgin hub, also tried buying another wireless router and wireless powerline adaptors. Since getting the M5 not a single problem anywhere in the house, highly recommended!

Thanks for the info. I've ordered it. Hopefully it all goes well. Now I just need to sort out the virgin bundle.

Also is there anything extra I need to know about the M5?
A_H202018/06/2020 23:54

Thanks for the info. I've ordered it. Hopefully it all goes well. Now I …Thanks for the info. I've ordered it. Hopefully it all goes well. Now I just need to sort out the virgin bundle. Also is there anything extra I need to know about the M5?

Just follow the instructions are you are good, took less than ten mins and the whole house was connected, hasn’t needed a restart/power down once yet and I’ve had it for about a year
worf20118/06/2020 23:59

Just follow the instructions are you are good, took less than ten mins and …Just follow the instructions are you are good, took less than ten mins and the whole house was connected, hasn’t needed a restart/power down once yet and I’ve had it for about a year

Thanks for the help
worf20118/06/2020 23:59

Just follow the instructions are you are good, took less than ten mins and …Just follow the instructions are you are good, took less than ten mins and the whole house was connected, hasn’t needed a restart/power down once yet and I’ve had it for about a year

Hi there,
I've started to have issues with the M5. When I put the superhub in modem mode it says that the deco is unable to connect and says there is no internet access. However when I put the superhub in router mode my internet returns. Is there any reason for this. It was working pretty well but I've been having some issues in the area. I really want it to work but ultimately I may have to return it. ..
A_H202025/06/2020 23:50

Hi there,I've started to have issues with the M5. When I put the superhub …Hi there,I've started to have issues with the M5. When I put the superhub in modem mode it says that the deco is unable to connect and says there is no internet access. However when I put the superhub in router mode my internet returns. Is there any reason for this. It was working pretty well but I've been having some issues in the area. I really want it to work but ultimately I may have to return it. ..

I can’t remember the setup exactly but if it works with the hub in router what’s wrong with that? It doesn’t matter if the hub is still an access point.
Uridium18/06/2020 11:08

^This....You HAVE to cancel and wait for a call back, only way to get a …^This....You HAVE to cancel and wait for a call back, only way to get a good deal from VM....

Hi there, I've cancelled and have yet to receive a call. It's been two weeks...
A_H202008/07/2020 12:55

Hi there, I've cancelled and have yet to receive a call. It's been two …Hi there, I've cancelled and have yet to receive a call. It's been two weeks...

Are your marketing preferences set to receive calls from them in your myvirginmedia account? If not they won't call.

To be honest they usually call within a few days, you could always call them and say you were thinking of cancelling the cancellation and staying, see what offers are available if nothing any good leave it and wait another week
Post a comment
@
    Text