Virgin Media :@

OK I've been a customer for over a year and a half, and I do admit they are giving me a good deal (2MB BB, L TV, Weekend free calls) for 18 quid. But I cannot upgrade any of my services...would have liked a 4MB BB because I'm on a special offer and if I was to upgrade to 4MB I would have to folk out an additional 16 odd quid. :x

They say the offer im on is a lifetime offer and on its own itsgreat but it offers no expandibility.

Any advice?

5 Comments

tell them you are going to leave

Original Poster

Gave customer relations a call. hey said they can only offer me 31 quid for the 4MB broadband, Large TV and free weekend calls. Not a bad deal, but Im paying 18 quid for all those services but with a 2MB BB. So I dunno if its worth taking up....

Anyone got any comments?

shanecr

Zak_K

Gave customer relations a call. hey said they can only offer me 31 quid … Gave customer relations a call. hey said they can only offer me 31 quid for the 4MB broadband, Large TV and free weekend calls. Not a bad deal, but Im paying 18 quid for all those services but with a 2MB BB. So I dunno if its worth taking up....Anyone got any comments?

You need to get put through to cancellation/retentions dept.Thats where the best deals come from.As shane and mightyreds say,you have to be forceful and say you have been offered a great deal by sky and you are going to give them a try.At the very worst they can call your bluff and say ok go ahead,but you have to give 30 days notice anyway,which gives you plenty of time to change your mind and ring them later to cancel your request.I am pretty sure this will not happen and retentions dep't will offer you something better than what you have now.:)

shanecr

Yip. I did that back in the day when they provided 256kb, 512kb and then 1mb. I said if they don't upgrade me to the 1mb line we'll leave, and we were paying about £35/month for our package anyway
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good55
    2. Updated 18/7/17:List of companies which spam or have been hacked2883
    3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1215
    4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …93167

See more discussions