EXPIRED

Virgin Media and Hotmail / Outlook account issues

Editor
Virgin Media

VM Customers have been having issues with the receiving of emails, possibly due to the "over-active" spam filters and redirecting them

Some people, including myself have been having Login failures, with folks being left without any access to their inbox at all. On a personal level I have just have to refresh the page a couple of times and then I'm in. I've not had any other problems myself.

Apparently VM say "We've now rectified this and apologies for any inconvenience caused." Although my own login issues are still apparent today. Quote Source

Anyone else had issues or having them? Have they improved at all?

Microsoft Hotmail / Outlook

Similarly, Hotmail users have been unable to login, meaning they had zero access to certain services they use on a regular basis. It appears this caused problems for people that might have been using the accounts for work contacts and such.

It doesn't help when you look back previous suspected hacks, which is always a worry, as well as the previous spam flooding fiasco, due to filters deciding they wanted to take a nap. Seen here

They say both VM and the Hotmail issues are now resolved, that said the spam flood issue seems to reoccur though, so who knows if we'll see that again? - See here

Still having spam by the barrel load? I can't say I am, but if you were wondering what was going on with either VM or Hotmail/Outlook, at least you know it's not just yourself.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/spam.gif

Microsoft issue news source

Virgin Media news source

7 Comments

I had to have a look on the isitdown site earlier as couldn't log into outlook hotmail account.
Phone notified me that it couldn't sign in and couldn't log in on pc either.

Original Poster Editor

chuckiedoll

I had to have a look on the isitdown site earlier as couldn't log into … I had to have a look on the isitdown site earlier as couldn't log into outlook hotmail account.Phone notified me that it couldn't sign in and couldn't log in on pc either.

Such a pain sometimes. Mine seems active at the moment, have you tried in the last half hour at all?

NeoTrix

Such a pain sometimes. Mine seems active at the moment, have you tried in … Such a pain sometimes. Mine seems active at the moment, have you tried in the last half hour at all?

Just tried now and seems to be back up.
Typical that I'm waiting for an important email too! (_;)

VM has been fine for me. Hotmail has been down but is back up now

Google somtimes locks accounts out and you just need to accept terms again. Just did it on this link. Emails working on iPhone now.
google.com/acc…cha

I still cannot get into my email account, is it still down?

Original Poster Editor

JillF65

I still cannot get into my email account, is it still down?

My outlook email and VM is working at the moment
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
    3. word association Game74044544
    4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions