VIRGIN MEDIA - Anyone else been on permanent traffic shaping for 2+ days?

Banned
Been stuck on 2.5mbps for nearly 2 days now when I pay for 10mbps. This only usually happens once I have hit my 1500mb data allowance each day. Now seems stuck on max 2.5mbps.

8 Comments

Banned

Crikey! 1500MB cap!

Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but with 100GB in an altbinz queue for my days download, I wouldn't be too impressed!

Now that you mention it my downloads have been slow over the weekend. I thought it was just me 2 b honest

I know it's not helpful but I've got the 10mbit service too and have not yet experienced traffic shaping for more than a few hours at night.

Original Poster Banned

guv;7913262

Crikey! 1500MB cap!Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but with 100GB in … Crikey! 1500MB cap!Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but with 100GB in an altbinz queue for my days download, I wouldn't be too impressed!

htf can you need 100gb of data? :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

om4r;7913332

Now that you mention it my downloads have been slow over the weekend. I … Now that you mention it my downloads have been slow over the weekend. I thought it was just me 2 b honest

try a sppedtest at [url]www.speedtest.net[/url]

mine shows 2.5mbps when testing and jumps to 50mbps right at the end so just take the measurement from the beginnning :thumbsup:

Banned

csiman;7913374

htf can you need 100gb of data? :w00t:

Easy. Buy a new media centre PC!:-D

As I said though, it's not usual. Wasn't meant as a boast - more curious how Virgin would react!

I'll probably be searching out loads of stuff in the coming months - and I'm guessing the server will be storing at least 10TB. (I'll probably just wipe the drives I have and start from scratch!) think of it as making up for lost time (and years of lack of abuse og my usenet account being under utilised!)

Original Poster Banned

guv;7913430

Easy. Buy a new media centre PC!:-DAs I said though, it's not usual. … Easy. Buy a new media centre PC!:-DAs I said though, it's not usual. Wasn't meant as a boast - more curious how Virgin would react!I'll probably be searching out loads of stuff in the coming months - and I'm guessing the server will be storing at least 10TB. (I'll probably just wipe the drives I have and start from scratch!) think of it as making up for lost time (and years of lack of abuse og my usenet account being under utilised!)

LOL - didnt take it as a a boast

10TB is boasting though

I;m jealous btw :-D

On the contrary, for some strange reason, over the last weeek or two my 50mb connection has frequently been maxing out at 50-56mb speed!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764002
    2. Ebid over Ebay33
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213597
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…11

See more discussions