Virgin Media BB............. DSL or ISDN line?

as above, which one is it?

10 Comments

Dsl, lol

ISDN was SOOOOOO 90's

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

grex9101;5283711

Dsl, lol

u sure?

setting up a new HP c6180 all in one with Fax. its asking if my BB has a DSL service on the same line as the phone.. Im guessing YES then?

Disco;5283716

u sure?

Nope.

It's cable broadband, not strictly dsl...

Deffo not ISDN though :thumbsup:

I'm on virgin cable... goes through fibre optics. No BT landline required (that saves £10 a month)

Original Poster

DarrylJohn;5283749

I'm on virgin cable... goes through fibre optics. No BT landline required … I'm on virgin cable... goes through fibre optics. No BT landline required (that saves £10 a month)

not asking for that - already have VM BB, but setting up a new HP c6180 all in one with Fax. its asking if my BB has a DSL service on the same line as the phone.. Im guessing YES then?

picked this up from Staples for £59

Disco;5283716

setting up a new HP c6180 all in one with Fax. its asking if my BB has a … setting up a new HP c6180 all in one with Fax. its asking if my BB has a DSL service on the same line as the phone.. Im guessing YES then?

If you're using Virgin ADSL and not Virgin Cable then yes.

Make sure you've got a microfilter for the all-in-one.

Disco;5283768

not asking for that - already have VM BB, but setting up a new HP c6180 … not asking for that - already have VM BB, but setting up a new HP c6180 all in one with Fax. its asking if my BB has a DSL service on the same line as the phone.. Im guessing YES then?picked this up from Staples for £59

Not entirely convinced it does. From memory cable broadband is on a different feed from the phone line :?

Nah, virgin do phone (through the cable) Best bet is get on the blower @ 150. and ask them

OP - easiest way is to check your own equipment.

You'll either have a Cable modem or an ADSL modem/router.

If it's a cable modem, you'll have an extra Telewest/Virgin connection point in the property which has a separate coax cable going directly into it.

If it's ADSL, you'll already have it connected to your telephone line via a microfilter (otherwise your telephone calls would stop your internet connection).

And to clarify, if you have a Virgin telephone line it'll be a separate cable than that of your cable modem.

My point still stands regarding phoning virgin. I've got a phone connection with virgin but only because it was cheaper to get that and XL, than XL alone. As it is with XXL and phone @ £46. Rather than £50+ without.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)11
    2. Biscuit addiction1954
    3. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?11
    4. Car park fine UKPC1520

See more discussions