Virgin media bill issue

Posted 16th Jul
My virgin media contract is ending at the end of the month and I have already given notice. I usually pay £25 per month but the bill in my account is showing £42. I have been on live chat and I am being told I have to pay this new price. I also remember paying a month in advance when I first joined. No mention of getting that back. Anyone else experienced this ? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
If you haven’t given your notice you will be charged the new price, best get your cancellation request in as soon as you can or you will be paying full price next month as well. You might get a call from retentions so go online and set your marketing preferences before you call them.
it may be that your contract was discounted at £25 pm, so when that discount runs out at the end of contract, you have to pay the new price of £42 pm. you would have to give 31 days notice to end a contract, when i tried to cancel my EE, this is what i was told, that the contract does not terminate on its end date, if you don't give notice in time.

did you give the required 31 days notice before the contract end date?
Virgin media are utterly stupid at getting things right. Tried to do the same to my mum at the end of her contract. Hope you get it sorted.
Lol at "paying a month in advance when I first joined. No mention of getting that back"! Not clear why the first month should be free, unless there was a special promo.

Services are funded in advance. Depending on (poor) timing of your notice to terminate and the actual contract end date you may be required to pay for xx days after contract end date. This may be charged in advance at standard monthly out-of-contract rates and subsequently pro-rata refunded after the services terminate.
Not much drama there.
as above you have went to standard pricing for the months notice, you should of given your notice 30 days before the end of your contract..
one other thing to note OP. when we cancelled our sky contract, we were told not to worry about the bill for the next month as that is generated early and so we would have to pay that, but that when the contract has ended, they will issue a final bill, which will refund us anything that we had paid.

so we paid more than we had to, but we got a refund in the final bill. it may be that is what is happening and so you are seeing the new bill as they get generated early, but when you get your final bill, you will get a refund for any over payment, but live chat didn't communicate this. it may work out fine when you get your final bill.
mutley116/07/2020 19:02

one other thing to note OP. when we cancelled our sky contract, we were …one other thing to note OP. when we cancelled our sky contract, we were told not to worry about the bill for the next month as that is generated early and so we would have to pay that, but that when the contract has ended, they will issue a final bill, which will refund us anything that we had paid.so we paid more than we had to, but we got a refund in the final bill. it may be that is what is happening and so you are seeing the new bill as they get generated early, but when you get your final bill, you will get a refund for any over payment, but live chat didn't communicate this. it may work out fine when you get your final bill.

If you’ve given notice this is exactly what happens with Virgin (went through it last year, happening again this year).

Virgin customer service don’t seem to understand this happens but it does. Sometimes they work it out and apply a credit to your account the day before your DD goes out (if you pay using DD) but that can be a little hit and miss.

Either way, make sure you’ve given notice and get the email confirming you have, then wait to get your final bill.
Post a comment
@
    Text