virgin media blocked T.P,B

As above ,just tried to log in and had a message saying virgin had blocked it due to a court order, didn't think this would happen,!!

16 Comments

Same here. Guess their service isn't "unlimited" any more lol. Torrents suck anyway. Nzbs ftw!

Same here.
Took me all of 2 seconds to get around it lol

Kinda shows the waste of time and money the court order was

Is it just forwarding the DNS there? Could bypass using dyndns's servers I guess?

well no they havent blocked it according to a court order.... as that court order isnt valid according to the european court.
VM are mearly complying with the wishes of those offering the case... they arent under obligation.

VM are dicks. I wouldnt use them

Jetpac

well no they havent blocked it according to a court order.... as that … well no they havent blocked it according to a court order.... as that court order isnt valid according to the european court.VM are mearly complying with the wishes of those offering the case... they arent under obligation.VM are dicks. I wouldnt use them

Pretty sure they are under obligation.

The voluntary block has been suggested for ages, which no ISP complied with.

EDIT: Looks like it hasnt actually gone through the courts yet?

The ISPs said they would not block the site unless a court order was … The ISPs said they would not block the site unless a court order was made, as is now the case.Virgin Media told the BBC it will now comply with the request, but warned such measures are, in the long term, only part of the solution.

bbc.co.uk/new…176
Edited by: "JmeH" 2nd May 2012

Still works under sky

simonturner69

Pretty sure they are under obligation.The voluntary block has been … Pretty sure they are under obligation.The voluntary block has been suggested for ages, which no ISP complied with

\i think there was a European court ruling about 6 months ago which ruled that ISPs cannot be made to filter sites.
The ISPs do not have to comply with this block and VM are the only ones at the moment who are i think.
Edited by: "Jetpac" 2nd May 2012

fridgehead

Still works under sky

Not for long...

Sky, Everything Everywhere, TalkTalk, O2 and Virgin Media must all … Sky, Everything Everywhere, TalkTalk, O2 and Virgin Media must all prevent their users from accessing the site.

Still works on TalkTalk.

Since the courts are now taking action against these torrent sites, the best thing to do is... download as much as you can now!!!! (_;)

I would recommend something else but i'm not allowed to talk about it.

boabbyrab

I would recommend something else but i'm not allowed to talk about it.

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/demotivational-posters-first-rule-of.jpg

Thanks worked

Just use hidemyass. It works a treat.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. love affairs1649
    2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
    3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
    4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions