Virgin Media Broadband - Loyalty Deal

Posted 26th Oct
Spoke to virgin media & left as due to price change.
(After leaving they called)
The Loyalty Team were willing to give me same speed of 100mbs for £24 or 200mbs for 29
(I've been with them for years but should find a cheaper plan by doing this method)
Community Updates

Groups

10 Comments
They also had 350mbs for + £5 (£34pm)
*I also mentioned hyper optic had installed there services & was offering a introductory offer of £26 for 150mbs
How much were u paying originally?
36 or something not too sure well before price change went up to 38 I think
Edited by: "freddy040510" 26th Oct
They also did 25£ for 100mbs last Black Friday so the price seems comparable being I've been with them long but I got 200 for 29£
decided to leave as I had 100mb plus telephone and it was going from 39(last haggle price) to 42 and after telling them to cancel they rang and offered 100mb only for 23 but wanted telephone as well so got it at 30-don't feel this was the best price I could have got but he caught me on the hop and I reasoned it was better than 42 - I'm pretty sure they sneaked a 18 month contract on as well which i didn't mind as I hate going through this dance every year - of course if they price rise in the meantime I can go through it all again
hmv4u26/10/2019 15:27

decided to leave as I had 100mb plus telephone and it was going from …decided to leave as I had 100mb plus telephone and it was going from 39(last haggle price) to 42 and after telling them to cancel they rang and offered 100mb only for 23 but wanted telephone as well so got it at 30-don't feel this was the best price I could have got but he caught me on the hop and I reasoned it was better than 42 - I'm pretty sure they sneaked a 18 month contract on as well which i didn't mind as I hate going through this dance every year - of course if they price rise in the meantime I can go through it all again

Yeah that seems to be the trick just leave & they'll give you something better
I pay £23 for 200mb, there's defo deals to be had but you have to actually cancel and hope they call back.
This is interesting, I’ve just joined virgin media (bundle deal) and the price goes up significantly after 12 months. All of the reviews I read suggest that after 12 months people were unable to achieve a cheaper or similar price.
I have found that when you ring to cancel - usually because of a price hike,you get the following-first the call centre operative try's to get you to stay by offering a 6 month deferment of the rise,after refusing that you next go to retentions who offer you a better deal,(in my case it was poor - basically only a few quid off and i was determined to get a better price or leave )if you refuse and ask them to cancel,you next get a call from a retention team that seem to come up with a even better deal-i believe (altho i havent tried it )if you refuse that there may be a second even better deal-of course that's a gamble but if you dont want to leave you can always cancel your,er,cancel.It boils down to most companies have absolutely no respect for loyalty-if you are willing to pay they are willing to let you-my sister in law is with virgin on the same package as me,100mb,phone and free tv and I found out was paying approx £60 a month,i suggested she tell them she couldn't afford it and would have to leave , she rang and now pays just over half that-apparently its easier to retain customers than to get new ones.
I’m currently paying £38pm for 200mbs and my loyalty bonus ends in a couple of weeks so will be definitely calling to haggle price. Had replacement SH3 couple of months ago and Wi-Fi is playing havoc so all the more reason to bargain.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants