Virgin Media Broadband Reconnecting in another name keeping existing number

Posted 29th May
My contract with Virgin media is up and I have told them I am cancelling (the new price was too high and deal offered wasnt cutting it). I am hoping they come through with a retention offer but if they dont I may reconnect in another name however I have a telephone number which I ported into them and I want to keep. Does anyone know how I can do this if I reconnect in another name? can I port my number somewhere else and bring it back (I remember seeing something this before).

Any help welcome
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Told me I'd have to be disconnected for a month in order to qualify as a new customer . They have you over a barrel as they know Open Reach are not connecting new lines if they need to come into your home.
Same topic discussed a few days ago here. Lots of responses.

Not sure about being to keep your number in that situation
Edited by: "Gollywood" 29th May
Gollywood29/05/2020 16:47

Same topic discussed a few days ago here. Lots of responses.Not sure …Same topic discussed a few days ago here. Lots of responses.Not sure about being to keep your number in that situation

did you mean to put a link in that?
The retention team will call you back 100% its there job to keep customers and if you pay your bills every month they won't want to lose you. I got a call back 3 days after cancelling and got my previous price plus a few extra channels for the kids and bt sport plus the documentary channels.

Keep us posted what you get out of them. The key phrase you need to say is.

"I'm really happy with VM and I really didn't want to leave but I've been given no other choice"

They love that😁😁😁
Edited by: "jigsy" 29th May
zackariah29/05/2020 17:34

did you mean to put a link in that?

No. I'm sure you can find it
deleted1451412
If you don’t use tv services just broadband and phone have you considered moving to virgin business? I’ve just moved over and now get 350mb cheaper than what the normal media team were offering. I’ve ported my number to CircleLoop (it’s great rings on computer and mobile phone). I run a business from home.
deleted145141229/05/2020 21:27

If you don’t use tv services just broadband and phone have you considered m …If you don’t use tv services just broadband and phone have you considered moving to virgin business? I’ve just moved over and now get 350mb cheaper than what the normal media team were offering. I’ve ported my number to CircleLoop (it’s great rings on computer and mobile phone). I run a business from home.

I didn't know it existed do I need to have a registered business to use it?
jigsy29/05/2020 17:51

The retention team will call you back 100% its there job to keep customers …The retention team will call you back 100% its there job to keep customers and if you pay your bills every month they won't want to lose you. I got a call back 3 days after cancelling and got my previous price plus a few extra channels for the kids and bt sport plus the documentary channels.Keep us posted what you get out of them. The key phrase you need to say is. "I'm really happy with VM and I really didn't want to leave but I've been given no other choice"They love that😁😁😁

Thanks I'm hoping the same but you never can tell in these situations so I m trying to make sure I'm prepared for all eventualities
retention didnt call us back, ordered under husbands name for day after disconection went through ok
nora_girl29/05/2020 22:23

retention didnt call us back, ordered under husbands name for day after …retention didnt call us back, ordered under husbands name for day after disconection went through ok

Thanks, Did you have a telephone number?
Edited by: "zackariah" 29th May
deleted1451412
zackariah29/05/2020 22:07

I didn't know it existed do I need to have a registered business to use it?

They didn’t ask for proof. £38.40 (£32plusVAT) for 350mb. They also sort out your old account so you don’t need to give notice etc.
deleted145141230/05/2020 07:05

They didn’t ask for proof. £38.40 (£32plusVAT) for 350mb. They also sort …They didn’t ask for proof. £38.40 (£32plusVAT) for 350mb. They also sort out your old account so you don’t need to give notice etc.

Thanks it's good value (in terms of speed for what you pay) but I don't want to pay that much for broadband
Have you considered Vodafone? £22.95 for 'Superfast 2' which is up to 63mbps and includes phone line rental. We get 60mbps + wired and 20 to 50 mbps on wifi , depending on location in the house. We hadn't used our landline for 12 years but they still managed to connect it back up from the street cabinet . Just got a text from Open Reach on the day saying it was operational , plugged in the router and five minutes later we were off and running. Been with them just over a month , so far so good. Ordered through Top Cash Back and my £80 reward has tracked ok.
They now do the same deal with unlimited calls and 1 year Apple TV Plus for £30.95.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 30th May
yorkie1230/05/2020 08:24

Have you considered Vodafone? £22.95 for 'Superfast 2' which is up to …Have you considered Vodafone? £22.95 for 'Superfast 2' which is up to 63mbps and includes phone line rental. We get 60mbps + wired and 20 to 50 mbps on wifi , depending on location in the house. We hadn't used our landline for 12 years but they still managed to connect it back up from the street cabinet . Just got a text from Open Reach on the day saying it was operational , plugged in the router and five minutes later we were off and running. Been with them just over a month , so far so good. Ordered through Top Cash Back and my £80 reward has tracked ok.They now do the same deal with unlimited calls and 1 year Apple TV Plus for £30.95.

Thanks, yeah I am considering Voda however the thought of being locked into a 2 year contract does make me shudder a little
zackariah30/05/2020 08:27

Thanks, yeah I am considering Voda however the thought of being locked …Thanks, yeah I am considering Voda however the thought of being locked into a 2 year contract does make me shudder a little

2 year contracts aren't too bad especially if prices rise and you are locked in to a cheaper price. On my online account it says I'm tied in for 2 years but on the actual contract they sent me they have made an error and just put it as an 18 month contract. If prices drop in 18 months time I can see me having a bit of a debate with them
Post a comment
@
    Text