Virgin Media Broadband Retention Deals

Found 13th Sep 2017
Now Virgin media has announced a price rise and -no-fees-if-you-end-contract-before-the-31st-october .... I thought it would be good to have a central area to discuss any retention deals being offered by no doubt many hukders taking advantage of this.

There is an active Sky retention thread so unless there is another Virgin Media thread this will be useful to many. In my experience Virgin are quite tight but I'll let you know how I go.

Please share your experiences.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Called up today. Took ten minutes to get cost from £40.48 to £32.50 and have the braodband speed doubled.

Called up yesterday, 10 months into an introductory offer, offered no incentive to stay so gave 30 days notice...

THRILLER-DEEJAY2 h, 27 m ago

Called up today. Took ten minutes to get cost from £40.48 to £32.50 and h …Called up today. Took ten minutes to get cost from £40.48 to £32.50 and have the braodband speed doubled.

To what speed.

Flodd1 h, 15 m ago

Called up yesterday, 10 months into an introductory offer, offered no …Called up yesterday, 10 months into an introductory offer, offered no incentive to stay so gave 30 days notice...

Hopefully you will get a call in the next couple of days.

eslick13th Sep

To what speed. Hopefully you will get a call in the next couple of days.

100mb

thought this was the other post that I had replied to yesterday more than one retention thread on the go. Got a retention call yesterday, £25 for 100Mb or £28 for 200 BB only took the 200 as we were on 150 and they couldn't do that any more. Got a email through and it had the wrong price on it, spoke to customer service via webchat and they said I will actually be paying £22 will have to see, either way happy with what we were on, more than last time but they gave two discounts and one had ended a couple of months ago so went from £22 to £28 for the last few months but with the price increase it would have been £40 something.

When I spoke to retentions I did mention the £25 Vodafone offer that's in deals but the best speed they can give in our area was 50Mb.

Zameen5 h, 22 m ago

At same price ? What was original deal ?

took ten minutes to get cost from £40.48 to £32.50. Was on 50mb and phone

I’ll be watching this thread with interest, as Virgin are perhaps the best for speed and how much you can download they don’t have any real rivals, and as such could just say go go to an inferior supplier!!

OK guys so I got a pretty good deal with virgin. I got the 100mb broadband with line rental anytime calls including mobiles and the TV player package which includes sky movies for 3 months and 6 months of the Asian channels all for £33 a month.

I believe this offer was advertised on hukd yesterday so pretty much anyone should be able to get it.

However today I actually got the price down to £29 a month as my brother in law negotiated the same deal so I called them up and told them I wanted to pay the same amount. After a few minutes of complaining the cs woman gave in.

Anybody interested in the same deal, give them a call and be firm.

Original Poster

They just offered me no increase in bills for 6 months and £50 credit
Edited by: "Zameen" 27th Sep 2017

Do you need to give your notice before they offer the good deals?
Phoned on behalf of my parents in the week and was underwhelmed.
They aren't on a contract but I suppose they still have to give 30 days norice!

The guy I had on the phone today made me laugh. 'THE HIGHEST DOWNLOAD USAGE I'VE EVER SEEN' - yeah alright then. They're getting some good sales tactics in though - tell the customer their usage is very high so that comparison with other providers can't be about speed - negotiations are in their favour.

Was told £32/mo for standard phone + 50mb was their "best" deal, cancelled straight away. Got call form outbound retentions 2 days later, £21/mo for 50mb+ evening & weekend calls. £19 without E&W calls.

Last year I paid ~£13/mo for 50mb+phone line, had got line rental free for a year. They couldn't do that again so just took above, without having open reach fibre VM the only option.
Edited by: "kiish" 7th Oct 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants