Virgin Media Broadband Retentions

Posted 26th JulEdited by:"theschizoidman"
Hello, just wondering if anyone has managed to get any good deals from Retentions at Virgin Media for broadband?
I got offered £27 a month for M100 which seems worse than a new customer deal..?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

22 Comments
They offered me M50 fibre for £21pm for 12 months or M100 fibre for £24pm, no phone line. Not that great in my opinion but i believe they're been riding the corona virus high wave and exploiting existing customers
Have you put your actual cancellation in and had a call from proper retentions, if not that’s the only way to get a good deal. 200 BB only just before lockdown going up to £43, called up offered it for £36, then a fiver off and retentions call at £20.
I didn't get a good deal untill I signed up to BT, then they knew I was serious
Well, considering you’re not a new customer anymore, what do you expect? Why do people like you think you’re always entitled to new customer discounts???
Zero.Chill26/07/2020 22:35

Well, considering you’re not a new customer anymore, what do you expect? W …Well, considering you’re not a new customer anymore, what do you expect? Why do people like you think you’re always entitled to new customer discounts???

If they can afford to offer new customers those prices, why can't they afford to maintain it for existing customers and reward loyalty?
The deal I got a couple of weeks ago was 100MB, MaxitTV and phone line for £33. I think its cost £45 for new customers.
Holte_ender26/07/2020 22:43

If they can afford to offer new customers those prices, why can't they …If they can afford to offer new customers those prices, why can't they afford to maintain it for existing customers and reward loyalty?

Because they NEED new customers so, like all companies they’re enticed with new offers. Jeez, not very smart - are you?
Zero.Chill26/07/2020 22:35

Well, considering you’re not a new customer anymore, what do you expect? W …Well, considering you’re not a new customer anymore, what do you expect? Why do people like you think you’re always entitled to new customer discounts???

You are right in the fact that a service provider like Virgin or Sky, couldnt really give a monkeys what you pay once they have got you as a customer.
You are never going to be as attractive to them, as a new, non paying customer is. Those are the people that generally get the best offers.
That shouldnt however stop existinv customers from trying their luck in trying to play the 'cancel/retention' roulette. Its not an entitlement, but its something that is there, and customers are aware of, so you might as well make most of it, and take advantage.
I do it every year for all my services if it means I save a few hundreds, better in my pocket than theirs.
Holte_ender26/07/2020 22:43

If they can afford to offer new customers those prices, why can't they …If they can afford to offer new customers those prices, why can't they afford to maintain it for existing customers and reward loyalty?

Existing customers are already pay into the system, a new customer isnt, so naturally on the surface of it they will try harder to get them on board with heavily discounted new customer offers. That doesnt mean existing customers cant take advantage of new customer (or sometimes, even better) offers.
You will never, ever get rewarded for loyalty, and sometimes the best way to approach it would be to change provider, or to introduce a family member as a new customer to potentially get the best deal.
wingz26/07/2020 22:59

The deal I got a couple of weeks ago was 100MB, MaxitTV and phone line for …The deal I got a couple of weeks ago was 100MB, MaxitTV and phone line for £33. I think its cost £45 for new customers.

Did you have to cancel to get this? They offered me it for £40
I had the same offer as the above (50m at £21 or £24 for 100m) which is a great price for the speeds and (usual) reliability. I had to cancel and then waited 48 hours for retentions to call. The sales people couldn’t get close to the above rate.
TYRONE201227/07/2020 10:10

Did you have to cancel to get this? They offered me it for £40

Yep, they called me the next day after I cancelled.
wingz27/07/2020 12:39

Okay cheers
They offered me a 100mb for £32. When I said I wanted to cancel I got for £29 but didn’t wait for call back just took the 100 for £29 for 18month..
wingz27/07/2020 12:39

Any chance of sending me a screenshot of your virgin package? Thanks
Ahh mines different I've got the full house XL TV probly why it's an extra £7 with all the kids channels, BT sport HD etc..
Edited by: "TYRONE2012" 28th Jul
I was on £49pm, a month to go until my 'introductory' discount ends. I actually had 2 introductory discounts. Originally was £39pm but then I called 1 month in to add TV, Cinema etc for an extra £10.

They refused to match. Best they could do was £68, so I've put my cancellation in. Told them I can get 330mbps on EE, they said I can't because BT say I can't. I told them it's not on the BT website because they don't have cabinet capacity...

Didn't feel like they wanted to retain me at all, instead were just scare mongering me about a high last bill, returning equipment, i won't get a better deal etc

Let's see if they give me a call, if not then I'm off to EE GFast
Was on £27.50 for 200Mb. (Even lower with other discounts). This year got offered a more expensive price + longer contract! Clearly don’t want me around
Rune_2H03/08/2020 09:51

Was on £27.50 for 200Mb. (Even lower with other discounts). This year got …Was on £27.50 for 200Mb. (Even lower with other discounts). This year got offered a more expensive price + longer contract! Clearly don’t want me around

By retentions, mind.

By retentions, mind.

I feel the same. Still haven’t had a call since I put my cancellation in on the 29th
Edited by: "ThunderHD" 3 h, 15 m ago

Was on £27.50 for 200Mb. (Even lower with other discounts). This year got …Was on £27.50 for 200Mb. (Even lower with other discounts). This year got offered a more expensive price + longer contract! Clearly don’t want me around

How much did they want to renew? My current deal is ending.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants